Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
chesster3145

11. b3 was too passive, 11. Nxe6 or 11. b4 looked better.

chesster3145

4. Bf4 isn't great either, allows too much pressure against d4.

chesster3145

And the last chance was the piece sac 13. Nhxg5! hxg5 14. Bxg5 where White has three pawns for the piece and is right back in it.

coalescenet
Awful game
shepi13

Edit : Duncan Shepherd (2054) vs Steve S (2209)
NewArdweaden

Not a very good game, but I can't say often that I've beaten a NM in under 20 moves Laughing:

NewArdweaden
Roofslovepizza wrote:
NewArdweaden wrote:

Not a very good game, but I can't say often that I've beaten a NM in under 20 moves : 

He tried the same h4-h5, Rxh5 sacrifice on me!

It looks pretty unsound Laughing

chach16
Ben_Dubuque

Not my best game but just got Smothered Mate number 3

batgirl

Nothing like a opponent forcing you to do what you wanted to do anyway.  Lovely smothered mate.

74mira

Can someone analyse this?

wolverine96
jetfighter13 wrote:

the first one Ne5 is technically better, because after h6 the N on g5 is sort of forced to sac itself on f7 (it is of marginal soundness)

That's the plan, because then he must recapture with his king, forfeiting his castling rights and exposing his king for attack.

Ben_Dubuque

The reason Ng5 isnt best is because despite opening the black king to attack if black knows the lines and is a good defender he can typically hold on usually involving a return of material and turtling

Radical_Drift

Given that this is my only miniature in a while, it is one of my best, for the moment :) My opponent made a few unsound sacrifices and decided to call it quits.

Radical_Drift

And another one. Again, not very good, but, given that it is one of my only recent miniatures, it qualifies as one of MY best miniatures. :) It's also interesting, because it's from a QGD exchange, which doesn't usually lead to miniatures.

Ben_Dubuque

really good win here.

Barefoot_Player

Jetfigher,

Just some notes on your game.

Why didn’t White play 14.Nxh6+ Nxh6 15.Bxh6, with the idea of Bg5 or Bf4. It is tricky but White would seem the advantage.

After 14...Qd4 15.Qf3!? (the best move to avoid the potential catastrophe), 15...Nf2+ 16.Rxf2 Qxf2, Black is winning although he has a lot of work to do. ;)

Ben_Dubuque

which game. The Smothered?

Honestly I have no clue, and like I said on the header to it, it wasn't my best game (I think the Falkbeer as white was my best game), but Smothereds are always nice. that said I fully expected some defense.

Ben_Dubuque

thats an awesome. game.

ThrillerFan

Chicago Open 2015, Round 2