Forums

Post your best miniatures here

Sort:
e4_guy

Game of 11 moves and 6 blunders ! grin.png Chess 960, though . . .

minichess

You want instant coffee with that Danish?

PawnInHand

My first attempt at a Keres attack. Successful, yes - but perhaps more as a result of my opponent's blunders than anything else. I couldn't resist taking black's knight on g4 and it went from there...

Firethorn15

For future reference, 6...Nxg4?? is a blunder, and 8.Bb5+ is the simplest way of retaining the piece (although the computer says that your move is even more crushing). A piece moving to d7 stops the attack on your Queen; after 8...Nc6, 9.Nxc6 is crushing and 8...Ke7 is not at all advisable...

minichess

Another mini with 6.g4.  Who Keres?

CerebralAssassin19

Comeaux

Smith-Morra Gambit leads to huge attack. I accidentally played Bc4 before Nxc3 because I mistook it for a danish gambit game. 

And a short Danish Gambit game. 

minichess

More Smith Morra

Pawny100

It wasn't actually a miniature....but I liked it...it's my best so far

Pawny100

PawnInHand

Learn by doing: managed to repel White's invasion in moves 10-21, then launched an eventually successful mating counterattack in moves 22-29 after white's hasty 22.Qxh6.

Comeaux

Too easy.  5 minute game...

The_Chin_Of_Quinn

bigbaby88

This is a game I played.  I simply think that the mate in 3 deserves more attention.

PawnInHand

Here's a Lopez in 22. I'm assuming my opponent resigned due to 22 ...Kf7 23. Bg6#

LeeTaylor85

[Event "kasimkhan432 vs. LeeTaylor85"] [Site " Chess.com"] [Date "Apr 26, 2017"] [White "kasimkhan432"] [Black "LeeTaylor85"] [Result "0-1"] [WhiteElo "1015"] [BlackElo "1028"] [TimeControl "1 in 0 day"] [Termination "LeeTaylor85 won by checkmate"] 1. e4 e5 2. d4 exd4 3. Qxd4 Nc6 4. Qa4 Nf6 5. c3 d5 6. e5 Ng4 7. f4 Bc5 8. h3 Qh4+ 9. Ke2 Qf2+ 10. Kd3 Bd7 11. Be3 Qxe3+ 12. Kc2 Nd4+ 13. Kd1 Bxa4+ 14. b3 Nf2# 0-1 Sent from my Android

gchess33

Here's an example of what happens when you castle in the open in a sharp game.

Redlynx17

Well I've got too many miniatures that would make Tal look like Petrosian. Sacrifices that would insta get Morphy's approval. I'll just start with my least favorite -

adamyevzory

Ziryab

I kept going over this game after it was played. I did not see how I was better after the fireworks began, but I was through the whole. I found a few only moves, but had little choice it seemed at the time. Even at one second per move, it was easy to see how the alternatives would lose.