Sort:
BigChessplayer665
ABellAhWallDoorNah wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
basixTheSwexiest wrote:
If you’re unsure on your ability to win stockfish is only a few clicks away.

I'll leave that resource to my opponents only and not myself lmao

If you can stay at 2400 blitz I need advice lol

Ps:2400 got better this year so you might be around 2200-2300

tbh you might be right.. just played 2 games and lost the first one and drew the second.. these guys are tough but I'm not afraid to drop below 2400 especially since my other ratings are above.. gonna continue the grind now.. we'll see if I make progress or end up regressing a bit hahaha..

I guess I did have what it takes so far to maintain my rating.

Hmmm... interesting. I will say though, 2400-2449 is completely different than 2450-2499. The level jump I think is massive.

Yes that's true I wonder what that is though

ABellAhWallDoorNah
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
basixTheSwexiest wrote:

tbh you might be right.. just played 2 games and lost the first one and drew the second.. these guys are tough but I'm not afraid to drop below 2400 especially since my other ratings are above.. gonna continue the grind now.. we'll see if I make progress or end up regressing a bit hahaha..

Hmmm... interesting. I will say though, 2400-2449 is completely different than 2450-2499. The level jump I think is massive.

I have a theory about that. I think that you are faced with more titled players in the higher 2400's, FM's and IM's and even some GM's for example, not your CM's and NM's you generally find a bit lower. Also, people who are around 2450 tend to be pushing for 2500 whereas those who are 2410 might not be, at least at that moment. Also, those who are like 2465 might actually be 2500+ players who are just on tilt, whereas players who are 2420 might have just cracked 2400 recently. I honestly have not noticed a difference between 2500 and 2550 though, i have been destroying it lately winning a lot of games, even played Nigel Short to a draw as black.

peek_a_Chuu

Big Congrats!

River_Reaper
peek_a_Chuu wrote:

Big Congrats!

ty

River_Reaper
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
BigChessplayer665 wrote:
River_Reaper wrote:
basixTheSwexiest wrote:

I have a theory about that. I think that you are faced with more titled players in the higher 2400's, FM's and IM's and even some GM's for example, not your CM's and NM's you generally find a bit lower. Also, people who are around 2450 tend to be pushing for 2500 whereas those who are 2410 might not be, at least at that moment. Also, those who are like 2465 might actually be 2500+ players who are just on tilt, whereas players who are 2420 might have just cracked 2400 recently. I honestly have not noticed a difference between 2500 and 2550 though, i have been destroying it lately winning a lot of games, even played Nigel Short to a draw as black.

Interesting.. one thing that I can say for sure is that there are a lot of titled players around these ratings lol although that is obvious.