Forums

And Yet MORE Silly Rules In Chess lol

Sort:
asvpcurtis

obviously above 2100 should be shark

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. Yes we Woodpushers should unite !!!

The reason that I set up the ratings this way is that it got me out of the Patzers  lol. I like the fish names too, and yes SHARKS are over 2100. Laughing

cabadenwurt

Well I see that we have another " silly " thread on the go in one of the forums here. Sometime ago I got into trouble with someone that was upset with people who liked to sum up threads ( indeed I'm still blocked by that person  lol ). Now I see that the same character has a thread on the go about trolling and blocking spam etc. I guess that time will tell how far that thread will go, perhaps someone will sum things up over there. Laughing 

corrijean

He still has me blocked because of the sum it up thread, too. 

corrijean

Oh, well. I still think the sum it up thread was one of the funnier threads in the forums despite all the blocking.

cabadenwurt

Yes I agree with you Corrijean. I gather that the person in question is quite young and he took everything soooo serious which made things appear very humorous.

AlCzervik

Haha! He still has me blocked, too!

cabadenwurt

Well to sum up here at this point, I guess that is what we get for trying to sum up somebody else's thread. Laughing

corrijean

Maybe we should start a support group. Tongue Out

fianchetto123

how about this one...

Below 2700-Patzers

2700-2749-Woodpushers

2750-2799-Average

2800-2824-Above average

2825-2849-Very good

2850+  Super Duper

200 and below-Astounding

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the info Fianchetto. That is an interesting idea, I imagine that 98 to 99% of the players on the planet would be in the Patzer class ( might upset a few people tho ). Smile

AndyClifton

Who was that little sum-it-up doofus btw?  I hope he has me blocked too (it's a matter of honor). Smile

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post AndyClifton. The sum-up King was Matthew11 who I gather is quite young ( and still has me blocked  lol ).  

DrSpudnik

I think he was the first to block me.

I blocked him too.

So there.

cabadenwurt

DrSpudnik: That should get his goat. I mean if he is going to block a large number of people he must count on being blocked as well.

DrSpudnik

One would like to think so, but I've found that a lot of these young players have oversized egos and no real sense of self-awareness. (Those who are the opposite are a pleasure to have around.) They tend to make outlandish claims and then argue with you for being dumb enough to point out their obvious nonsensse. 

He will probalby never get a clue and I have only pity for their future spouses, children and co-workers.

rooperi

Does anybody remember WINDOWS_7?

He actually created a group for everybody he blocked, so that they could go there and atone for their sins. Of course, it backfired, everybody joined and just continued to take the mickey.

DrSpudnik

Ah, fond memories of Windows_7 and his inglorious flameout! Cool

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts.

I've only been at this site for about 1 year so I must have missed Windows_7.

Over the years I have found that those people who were spoilt by their parents tend to be a bit over the top and feel that they are very important to the operation of this Planet  lol. 

cabadenwurt

Well Well Well, we now have a thread on the go here about " Fair Banning Rules " and a new policy at Chess.com. It seems that some people feel that certain wrongdoers were hard done by when they were caught and all should be forgiven, could be interesting.