Forums

Bobby Fischer

Sort:
Beast_off_DarknesS
As we all know, our dear Bobby Fischer was one of the best (or the best) chess player in the world who mastered chess in an incredible way, you, what do I think?
Bogopawn657

Yes he was a chess genius, on his era he was the best, but like all gifted people they can have a meltdown, it's well documented by his second. The man who was by his side through the good times and the bad Larry Evans who stated Fischer had reached total meltdown 6 months before he was due to defend his crown, he stated that Fischer was hearing voices from his T.V ?? There was not a chance in he'll he was going to defend his title, sad end but life sometimes has its reasons, as Larry Evans stated he was happy Fischer didn't defend his title in his state of mind, only Fischer at his mental best would have been Justifiable!?

bobby_max
Bogopawn657 wrote:

Yes he was a chess genius, on his era he was the best, but like all gifted people they can have a meltdown, it's well documented by his second. The man who was by his side through the good times and the bad Larry Evans who stated Fischer had reached total meltdown 6 months before he was due to defend his crown, he stated that Fischer was hearing voices from his T.V ?? There was not a chance in he'll he was going to defend his title, sad end but life sometimes has its reasons, as Larry Evans stated he was happy Fischer didn't defend his title in his state of mind, only Fischer at his mental best would have been Justifiable!?

Lots of people hear voices from their TV when they're watching TV. Now if you're hearing voices from your TV when it's off...

OmegaGrandMasterGWiz
Bogopawn657 wrote:

"Larry Evans who stated Fischer had reached total meltdown 6 months before he was due to defend his crown, he stated that Fischer was hearing voices from his T.V ??"

-this guy made this claim before and i asked him about it and he didnt provide the source. I looked over the internet i could find this quote. Can you please provide a source where you got this? The fact is you can hear it from his own mouth why he did not play karpov. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS9n-8bmhV0 Play from 1:04:55

Benparski

Definitely one of the best not the best his games are just entertaining exciting fast he was The undefeated King real pity he went crazy self-hating Jew man