Chess and.... Sex?

PLUR23

     As a preamble to my article I must state that this is written with no harmful intentions and is "all in good fun."  If you have trouble with seeing the lighter side of life stop reading NOW.  You have all been warned!  There is humor ahead and remember you can hit ctrl + < or cmd + < and never know what lies below.

 

 

     So after reading the new article "Planning in Chess" by WGM Natalia Pogonina I clicked a link to her homepage that was suppose to show the standings and tournament results from the Russian Club-2010.  I was having trouble finding the standings, mainly because they are not posted. The only new info her page has that the article does not is that she recieved "Best Performance on Board" award.  I thought that maybe there was another link that would take me to the standings when I found this survey question:

 

 

Do you practice sex when playing in chess tournaments?
Yes, and I'm a man
1040   38.8%
 
I don't play in chess tournaments, and I'm a man
613   22.9%
 
No, and I'm a man
486   18.1%
 
Sometimes, and I'm a man
319   11.9%
 
Yes, and I'm a woman
107   4%
 
No, and I'm a woman
51   1.9%
 
I don't play in chess tournaments, and I'm a woman
37   1.4%
 
Sometimes, and I'm a woman
29   1.1%
 

 

Don't believe me just click here

     Now I personally have never been to a real chess tournament but maybe I should attend one.  Tell me do they let people go just to watch or are you required to participate?  Are video and audio recording devices allowed inside?  I think I may know why there aren't many women players, why its a male driven sport and it has nothing to do with spacial recognition or lack there of.  Is this why women prefer to play in their own tournaments?  You would think that it would be hard to play such a mental game with all of your blood-flow going somewhere other than your brain.  It makes me question exactly what she did to receive the "Best Performance on Board" award.

     Okay so enough of the zingers but one has to admit it is pretty funny.  I am sure Natalia has many commitments and barely checks her web page much less the survey questions and it is quite a bit unfair considering I am writing this in my first language and not a second or third.  It does make me wonder about the results to the survey though....

trysts

First, I must say that you imply that women don't enjoy sex as much as men, when you say: "I think I may know why there aren't many women players", and that is quite preposterousLaughing

Next, I think she wrote a book about Kama Sutra, didn't she?

PLUR23

No implication that women do not enjoy sex.  I think it would have more to do with the lack of selection when it comes to who you are playing against.  For the most part women tend to be more... shall I say selective with who they are willing to share such an experience with.  At least in my country that seems to be the case.

Elubas

I always thought that poll was completely insane, no offense to WGM Natalia.

cliffgaudicos

i am nothing.....

ivandh

"Tell me do they let people just go to watch or are you required to participate?"

Very very naughty.

trysts
ivandh wrote:

"Tell me do they let people just go to watch or are you required to participate?"

Very very naughty.


My eyes are wide shut...

henri5

For your female GM information, Judit Polgar is among the top 10 FIDE grandmasters, and she would probably be higher if she had not interrupted  her playing for a while when she had her baby.

As for watching...

"I like to watch..." (Mr. Chance in the movie)

EternalChess

Im confused?

How do u practice ur sex during chess tournaments? Have sex during the tournament?

Conflagration_Planet

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.

PLUR23
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


you should be slapped go back and read it

trysts
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


Thanks for commenting on a post you didn't read. WTF is the reason for thatLaughing

ivandh

He doesn't have time for it, he has to get back to work.

trysts
ivandh wrote:

He doesn't have time for it, he has to get back to work.


Hilarious!Laughing

Conflagration_Planet
trysts wrote:
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


Thanks for commenting on a post you didn't read. WTF is the reason for that


I wonder WTF is the reason MOST of your responses. 

Cry_Wolf
woodshover wrote:
trysts wrote:
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


Thanks for commenting on a post you didn't read. WTF is the reason for that


I wonder WTF is the reason MOST of your responses. 


She trolls.

trysts
woodshover wrote:
trysts wrote:
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


Thanks for commenting on a post you didn't read. WTF is the reason for that


I wonder WTF is the reason MOST of your responses. 


To your bizarre responses?

trysts
Cry_Wolf wrote:
woodshover wrote:
trysts wrote:
woodshover wrote:

I didn't read most of your post, but I think it's totally stupid that people prefer to play chess with their own gender. Doesn't make sense.


Thanks for commenting on a post you didn't read. WTF is the reason for that


I wonder WTF is the reason MOST of your responses. 


She trolls.


Uh oh! I must have hurt the crying wolf's feelingsCry

ilikeflags

i thought this was gonna be humorous.  the disclaimer said there'd be humor.  hmmph

ivandh
ilikeflags wrote:

i thought this was gonna be humorous. the disclaimer said there'd be humor. hmmph


It seems to be bring your own humor here. He probably anticipated that we would all make a bunch of immature sex jokes, which only one of us did.