Chess book recommendations for openings to middlegames (1700 level)?

SpeedyCyclone

Title: Chess book recommendations for openings to middlegames (1700 level)? happy.png

Thanks! Also please reply if you are around 1700 or higher! thanks again

orlandokid2009

I am not 1700

woodpusher28

I honestly think practicing tactics and watching chess.com video courses are much more helpful learning openings to middlegames instead of books. 

orlandokid2009
woodpusher28 wrote:

I honestly think practicing tactics and watching chess.com video courses are much more helpful learning openings to middlegames instead of books. 

yea true depending on your opening (like for example lets say you play something that nobody knows then more chance of they blundering)

PILOTOXOMXD

I'm not 1700, but my theory alone is at least 1900. I got a good book for this. Its called Chess Openings for White, winning with 1.e4

PILOTOXOMXD

I got a lot of theory, and this is one of my main sources.

PILOTOXOMXD

It is kinda pricey, around 40 USD

orlandokid2009
PILOTOXOMXD wrote:

ok that a lot for a book books I get are $10 - $20

PILOTOXOMXD

ik, but its a great book

NobleElevator
orlandokid2009 wrote:
PILOTOXOMXD wrote:

I got like a $40 course on chessable once and it was totally worth my money lol

PILOTOXOMXD

Speaking of Chessable, there's this book called 1001 tactics for beginners. It took me from 500-600 USCF to 1100 in 2 months

orlandokid2009
NobleElevator wrote:
orlandokid2009 wrote:
PILOTOXOMXD wrote:

I got like a $40 course on chessable once and it was totally worth my money lol

well that courses we talking about books

orlandokid2009
PILOTOXOMXD wrote:

Speaking of Chessable, there's this book called 1001 tactics for beginners. It took me from 500-600 USCF to 1100 in 2 months

well that is pretty easy because you need to know tactics if you want to get o 1500 at least (if you know tactics pretty easy to get to 1200)

B1ZMARK

Middle game books? I just buy opening books that bring entire games with those openings.

B1ZMARK

Also I’m not 1700 or above

SpeedyCyclone

thanks for the answers

chessknight222

i have been through some great books. Simans books are great. another very interesting book is Caruana vs Carlsen. also Fischers 60 memorable games is what i am going through right now