Forums

Chess rating system

Sort:
ponz111

pepj you do not give enough information to tell if this is unfair to you or not?

pepj

rating of chess.com.

pepj

for me it is ok. I am playing for fun ...

Nyameba

has chess.com started a new rating system?

peonza
Nyameba wrote:

has chess.com started a new rating system?

I'm wondering the same. In the last matches we were awarded just half ELO points.

Does anybody have a clue about what is going on?

4walls

Must be a programming screw up . It makes each game of no consequence ......

Please fix or let us know what's going on ..

peonza

Ok, confirmed. It is a bug.

It will get fixed in the next 24 hours.

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/how-are-points-allocated?page=3

Edit:

https://www.chess.com/clubs/forum/view/points-halved

4walls

Will they fix the half points during the error period ?

Emeeka

ratings have been crazy today, played a game with a much higher rated opponent and won that game only to be awarded +3. for a game worth +9 or +10. what's going on

Emeeka

ratings have been crazy today, played a game with a much higher rated opponent and won that game only to be awarded +3. for a game worth +9 or +10. what's going on

Emeeka

Emeeka

Emeeka

Billkingplayschess

Looks like they fixed it, but what a wild ride! The rating points awarded were so weird. I found myself getting more points (1 or 2) more for beating a lesser rated player that the opponents I beat before, who had a higher rating

amitray

Dear sir, Recently while playing chess i observed that when i won from opponent i was credited 4 points. Those opponents were either having similar points to mine or higher. But when i lost i was deducted 7 points. What's the logic here. When others lose playing against me they lose 4 points but i lose 7 points. Isn't it unfair.

HorribleTomato

...why was this pinned?

Hjaltland

My score usually chunters along at 1350 - 1450- or so and will do so for a good number of games agoinst players with similar score to me.  Every now and again I find myself losing badly to 1100 - 1200 players playing out of their skins and Im playing at my usual , certainly no worse. I sometimes feel that chess.com has been moving the goalposts , changing algorithems , or whatever.. what da heck is going on, I dont think my game is worse than usual. Anyone find this ?

drmrboss
Hjaltland wrote:

My score usually chunters along at 1350 - 1450- or so and will do so for a good number of games agoinst players with similar score to me.  Every now and again I find myself losing badly to 1100 - 1200 players playing out of their skins and Im playing at my usual , certainly no worse. I sometimes feel that chess.com has been moving the goalposts , changing algorithems , or whatever.. what da heck is going on, I dont think my game is worse than usual. Anyone find this ?

Think with simple logic,

1. Your previous 1300 rating was bogus (statistical fluke and is now adjusted to 1200) or 

2. Your recent 1100 opponents were underrated ( you adjusted their rating and they are now 1200 I guess) lol.

Hjaltland

Considering the number of games Ive played I dont think my score was bogus... appreciate your humour though..

Eric-Erard

join my club, https://www.chess.com/clubs/members/erics-friends-and-family