Forums

Difference between puzzle rating and live chess

Sort:
1kbro1
brasileirosim escreveu:
1kbro1 wrote:

my disparity is high too, my peak blitz was 1005 (some days ago) and now my puzzle rating is 2116, idk why this happens to me. maybe i get some bad positions from openings

I saw your last game. You began well, but soon missed the win of a pawn twice. It was not the opening, but simply tactics. In the games you have to check if you can win material. A pawn can decide the game, especially a central pawn. Another think I noted: bring new pieces into the game. You took too long to develop your second rook, for example.

Yeah, just saw it. That central pawn was free to take multiple times, i think that sometimes i get a tunnel vision to the opponent's attack and don't see some tactics or free pieces on the board.

1webd3v

not really sure whats going on with me.

2078 puzzle rating spanning 4303 puzzles attempted at a little over 30 hous of solid puzzles,

and its not like i spend minutes and days on 1 puzzle to get that score. i tend to beat the puzzle in half of the suggested time including many 1800-2400 puzzles solved in :05 vs a :30 - :45 suggested solved time. the quick solve time suggests i should fare rather well in bullet rapid and blitz but its the opposite

daily at 1220

rapid at 900

blitz at 700

what gives

brasileirosim
1kbro1 wrote:
brasileirosim escreveu:
1kbro1 wrote:

my disparity is high too, my peak blitz was 1005 (some days ago) and now my puzzle rating is 2116, idk why this happens to me. maybe i get some bad positions from openings

I saw your last game. You began well, but soon missed the win of a pawn twice. It was not the opening, but simply tactics. In the games you have to check if you can win material. A pawn can decide the game, especially a central pawn. Another think I noted: bring new pieces into the game. You took too long to develop your second rook, for example.

Yeah, just saw it. That central pawn was free to take multiple times, i think that sometimes i get a tunnel vision to the opponent's attack and don't see some tactics or free pieces on the board.

As we all! There are cases where taking a central pawn is dangerous, especially when we didn’t castle. 

checkmate_kate

My current chess.com stats today:

Games
708


Puzzles
835

Ratings:


Daily
838

Rapid
501

Daily 960
866

Blitz
191

Bullet
160

Puzzles
1353!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

and I don't think it's just a delay because games take more time, because I'm still losing to other 500 rapid players.

Please: What does it mean???

JoelGM2013

I am 1400 in rapid and 200 ish in puzzels

JoelGM2013

@checkmate_kate, do u lose to 500 rated rapid player by time? Or by checkmate?

checkmate_kate
JoelGM2013 wrote:

@checkmate_kate, do u lose to 500 rated rapid player by time? Or by checkmate?

both. it's maybe half and half or so

checkmate_kate
JoelGM2013 wrote:

I am 1400 in rapid and 200 ish in puzzels

that's interesting, we have the opposite problem

JoelGM2013

if u lose by time try playing classical games with lower rated players

JoelGM2013

and also play with bots to sharpen your skills

JoelGM2013

since you are a diamond member u will have access to all bots

checkmate_kate

ok i will try both those things. thank you

 

what are you going to do?

JoelGM2013

I play rapid games, and also use bots.

Phelan_W

I'm currently 1360 rapid and 2230 puzzles. I'm not sure which aspect of my games needs work in order to close this gap. 

 

JuhoNieminen

Game ratings are tied to elo of 2 players. You earn points that are removed from the other player. It is an interaction with trade balance. Puzzle ratings are not tied to a point balance, so they can inflate. And they have inflated. The highest player ratings in blitz are 3200-3300. Highest puzzle ratings are 28.000-77.000 or something like that.

ThoughtfulTheist

This is interesting. My rapid rating is currently around 1480, blitz around 900, and my puzzle rating is 2550.