Forums

Do you chime in when you see two players far stronger than you analyzing a game?

Sort:
ChrisWainscott

If you are watching two players that are considerably stronger than you analyzing a game do you chime in and ask "Could you have played ____ in this position?" etc

I do.  I find that most strong players are more than willing to answer the occasional question as long as you're not trying to take over their analysis session.

ponz111

I play in Ponziani Power group for vote chess and quite often two strong players are disucssing a move or a variation and someone chimes in and asks a question and we Welcome the question or questions. 

trysts

I chime in on anything I have an opinion about. Including your threadWink

VLaurenT

This is certainly good practice, as long as the questions are not completely irrelevant at their level of play

ponz111

Any question is ok as long as the person asking is sincere. [and in my experience the person asking has always been sincere].

Of course, if it is two supergrandmasters who are studying a game then

questions might not be allowed. 

ChrisWainscott

I think I can honestly say that if I saw Nakamura and Aronian analyzing a game and I had a question I'd probably ask.

They might tell me to shut up, or they might answer.

I wouldn't ask 50 questions, but I'd ask one or two.

Sun777

i'd have 50 questions to ask, but i think most they would just look at me and ignore me.

ChrisWainscott

Aronian seems like he might answer though.  During the last WC match I replied to a facebook post of his and I asked if he thought that 12 games was enough and he gave me a rather nice explanation of what he thought and why.

Naka...well, I'm a fan.  But he might just glare depending on his mood.

Pre_VizsIa

No, I wouldn't; I wouldn't want to interrupt them. Now, if one had just played me then some questions might be in order!