Forums

Favourite board game other than chess?

Sort:
Fibroid

Pim, pam, pet natuurlijk!

Bishop-Brask
TMIMITW wrote:

Stratego. Old, I know, but so am I.

I just love stratego! I'm currently introducing it to my kids so that it hopefully will live on for just another generation Wink

Ben_Dubuque

whoever said tic-tac toe is an idiot, the game is a proven Draw

StockfishEngine

hungry hungry hippos.

lol

AnnaZC
StockfishEngine wrote:

hungry hungry hippos.

lol

i love that game

Boydie70

Mine is scrabble but my son and wife beat me so back to chess haha

netzach

Image Detail

netzach

Image Detail

Ben_Dubuque

Ukrain Attacks Middle East, with a follow up from Southern Europe, Then Transfer from West Europe to Mid East of arround 3 troops same from Ice Land to mid east

AnnaZC

Tic Tac Toe

chessnaivete

D A M A.

Dadg777

There's finally a decent Stratego game in the iTunes store.  Search Stratego & pick the only one with good ratings. 

Morris_W3

Cribbage

kco
mfw019 wrote:

Cribbage

my favourite too.

GhostNight

War Games by Avlan Hill, D-day, Battle of the Bulge, and more....

Ironknight777

Internet Diplomacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Diplomacy 

Sumwat close to chess or similar may be. But fun....All bout strategy. 

NimzoRoy
[COMMENT DELETED]
NimzoRoy
TeraHammer
eatingcake wrote:

I don't really agree. When you have skilled players it comes down to diplomacy, which can make the game pretty damn complex. To mention just one thing, you often have to figure out how to economically place your forces when the balance of power is unclear and you're not sure who's friend or foe. IMO even one unskilled player makes the game unsatisfying since he usually ruins it. Most of the time it's someone who's easily manipulated.

True that, or when someone runs out of patience.

My friends and me often do this on a thursday night after our afternoon social drink event ("borrel"). But then we want to go out to town and we kinda need to rush the game.

Fibroid

Mensch erger je niet