Forums

Have Rapid Player in the 1400s Range suddenly getting stronger?

Sort:
FiICos

This tilt is going for a month now. I tilted very often here but never this long. I also did alot of practice and tactics lately. Seems nothing helps.

LarsVDMnl

I have a similar problem. I often have a far better understanding of the game than my opponents, yet I struggle to increase rating. For me this problem mostly lies in playing chess on autopilot, missing simple blunders. Perhaps you can try to break autopilot by treating every game differently, rather than moving on intuition.

AdultChess_on_twitch
FiICos wrote:

This tilt is going for a month now. I tilted very often here but never this long. I also did alot of practice and tactics lately. Seems nothing helps.

According to what I see in the games of my students around that level it's all the same. If you're stuck on a certain level for a decent period of time then you're very likely doing something wrong. Think about your training routine.

LarsVDMnl
FiICos wrote:

I'm not much stronger than you but i'm happy to provide feedback to any games you send me.

chesssblackbelt

Huh 1400 is better than 95% of players???

ChessMasteryOfficial

Prolonged tilts can often be attributed to psychological factors such as stress, lack of confidence or overthinking.