Forums

How do I get past 2100? Really Important!

Sort:
GreatoduTheFirst

Hello everyone, I am a teenage chess addict, who has a very important tournament (The Canadian Youth Chess Championship). There are, of course, people with 2400+ ratings there but I still have hope that I might go to the WYCC or NAYCC. The tournament is next month. I decided to practice for 3 hours a day after exams. Is there any hope for me to get to 2200/2300? (I am stuck at 2100 for a while. My chart shows proof!) If so, titled players/2100+ players, please shed some light on me!

CraigIreland

I hope you get an answer but the vast majority of posters in this forum aren't qualified to help.

GreatoduTheFirst
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:

you aint 2100, your blitz and bullet ratings are way too low

wdym? My Blitz is 2066 and my bullet is 2200+ (not rn as it is 2190) and my rapid is 2100.

Im just not good at blitz

Bloommc
TheChessChannel_YT wrote:
MyRatingIs1523IsBack wrote:

you aint 2100, your blitz and bullet ratings are way too low

wdym? My Blitz is 2066 and my bullet is 2200+ (not rn as it is 2190) and my rapid is 2100.

Im just not good at blitz

Your not good at anything lol

ice_cream_cake

@bloommc you have no way of knowing that (in any other dimension than chess which OP is clearly good at).

SoupSailor72
When I get there, I won’t tell you how.
AngryPuffer

the difference between 2000-2100 is that a 2100 is more solid and a little more challenging

B1ZMARK

2100 otb... or 2100 online?

I have been 2300 blitz for a couple years now but my USCF rating struggles around high 2000s to low 2100s. Online rating is inflated, moreso if you have a lot of time on your hands and like to play online.

What do you know about the pawn structures from your openings? I'm going to assume you do tactics quite often.

7xXStormXx7

Yes you can get to 2300 or 2400 by using a decent opening and good middle game where most of your pieces are important including pawn , cuz you should have a advantage in endgame to win , even if you dont have advantage try to outsmart your opponent using board vision skills.

Hope you this might help with your tournament.

Bogo-IndianaJones

Hello everyone, I am a teenage chess addict, who has a very important tournament (The Canadian Youth Chess Championship). There are, of course, people with 2400+ ratings there but I still have hope that I might go to the WYCC or NAYCC. The tournament is next month. I decided to practice for 3 hours a day after exams. Is there any hope for me to get to 2200/2300? (I am stuck at 2100 for a while. My chart shows proof!) If so, titled players/2100+ players, please shed some light on me!

I'm not even close to your rating, but I've heard that studying an insane amount of endgames and doing woodpecker cycles helps. I would reccomend not playing 3 hours a day, but studying for 2 hours and playing for 1 hour.

GreatoduTheFirst
ice_cream_cake wrote:

@bloommc you have no way of knowing that (in any other dimension than chess which OP is clearly good at).

He's my friend lol don't worry about him. He needs help

GreatoduTheFirst
B1ZMARK wrote:

I have been 2300 blitz for a couple years now but my USCF rating struggles around high 2000s to low 2100s. Online rating is inflated, moreso if you have a lot of time on your hands and like to play online.

What do you know about the pawn structures from your openings? I'm going to assume you do tactics quite often.

2100 online

GreatoduTheFirst
B1ZMARK wrote:

I know that my openings with white will almost always lead to a good attack for me and both black and white are semi-closed positions for me. I suck at tactics tbh my tactics is just 3100 chess.com lol

Richardjjliu

what is your puzzle rating?

ice_cream_cake

@thechesschannel_yt Oh okay i see haha, nice :)

GreatoduTheFirst
Richardjjliu wrote:

what is your puzzle rating?

Optimissed

Why not?

2200 isn't amazingly high and all you need is to polish up on all aspects of your game. I reached about 2000 FIDE equivalent and I only started learning chess when I was 36. You have over 20 years advantage on me. If you're keen you should probably do it. I personally think puzzles aren't good for chess so not too many of those. Daily 3 day is good, and playing rapid for openings and technique, blitz to pick up speed and definitely no bullet.

ValenE3

How did you get to 2100 in the first place?? I'm only 1100 and I'd love to increase that. Did you just play a lot and sort of automatically get better?

Bogo-IndianaJones
ValentinoE3 wrote:

How did you get to 2100 in the first place?? I'm only 1100 and I'd love to increase that. Did you just play a lot and sort of automatically get better?

Some tips: Play aggressive, gambit, study endgames, buy the Art Of aTTACK in chess, use chessable?

ValenE3

Does chessable cost money? And how should I study endgames, with the chess.com lessons?