x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Tournament Prediction Game 2017 (PPP) 🡺 "4th FIDE GP - Palma de Mallorca"

  • #1

    Hello Chess.com friends, enemies and strangers! Wink

    Welcome back to another TPG (old PPP - podium prediction plus). For those who don't know it, take a look at THIS THREAD. This year, I'm going to make it easier for everyone participating. 

    Rules are pretty simple. All you have to do is to choose: 

    • number of decisive games per tournament
    • winner of the tournament 
    • winner's score or tie-break etc.

    Correct prediction will guarantee you a certain number of points, depending of the size of the tourney (bigger tournament with more games are worth more points, for instance, World Cup...). 

    Example:
    Sinquefield Cup will have 9 rounds and 10 players (total of 45 games). If you predict 18 wins (and correct is 22), you will get 10(tournament factor)-(|22(correct)-18(your guess)|)=6 points.

    I will make a Prediction Sheet for every tournament. It will be a simple Google Form "quiz". It is scheduled for competing in 15 tournaments until the end of the year. The number may vary as we get more info. These are:

    1. Norway ( @goldenstar2660)
    2. Paris GCT ( @sjurvull)
    3. Leuven GCT ( @macer75 & @MSC157)
    4. Geneva GP ( @NewArdweaden)
    5. Danzhou ( @Pulpofeira & @NewArdweaden)
    6. Dortmund ( @SJFG)
    7. Biel ( @macer75 & @MSC157)
    8. Sinquefield GCT ( @Schachmasteo)
    9. Saint Louis GCT ( @McC2k & @PawnCheckmate)
    10. World Cup ( @tinko-mar)
    11. Isle of Man ( @ChessZone9937)
    12. Champions Showdown ( @SJFG)
    13. Palma GP ()
    14. London GCT ()
    15. Speed Chess Championship ()
    16. Tata Steel ()

    You're all welcome to participate! Comment in this thread so you'll be notified when the first Prediction Form is issued! Smile

  • #2

    4th FIDE GP - Palma de Mallorca

    • 81 classical games (25 pts)
    • 3× podium placers (3×5pts)
    • Deadline for predictions: Nov 15, 2017 at 13:00 LOC (UTC+1)

    https://goo.gl/forms/D0K2pU0ONDJNwxOG3

  • #3
  • #4

    ok.

  • #5

    [reserved comment]

  • #6

    [deleted reserved comment]

  • #7

    [reserved comment]

  • #8
    MSC157 wrote:

    Norway Chess 2017

    45 games
    Deadline for predictions: June 4, 2017

    https://goo.gl/forms/0alfQzpx0FZbUDbH2

    First Prediction Form opened! Make sure to comment in this thread to get notified of other tourneys :)

  • #9

    [i like π]

  • #10

    What is the "Ivanchuk - Navara" event?

  • #11
    Eseles wrote:

    What is the "Ivanchuk - Navara" event?

    Every year, there's a chess event in CZE and Navara takes over a famous opponent (sth like this). I remember one year it was Nakamura. And Hammer. Etc.

  • #12
    MSC157 wrote:
    Eseles wrote:

    What is the "Ivanchuk - Navara" event?

    Every year, there's a chess event in CZE and Navara takes over a famous opponent (sth like this). I remember one year it was Nakamura. And Hammer. Etc.

    Thanks for the info, if you know when it takes place and where(if) it's being broadcasted let me know plz

  • #13

    We don't get to predict the final standings of Norway Chess? I was sort of looing forward to it :(

  • #14
    macer75 wrote:

    We don't get to predict the final standings of Norway Chess? I was sort of looing forward to it :(

    (Un)fortunately only the winner of the torunament. Do you have any further ideas or specific expectations for PPP "rules"? I'll most likely host Candidates Tournament 2018 and World Chess Championship 2018, and any constructive criticism is appreciated to make PPP more interesting for everyone. I could implement some ideas even into PPP '17, if possible.

  • #15

    P.s: Username written in the form should be the same (or at least recognisable). Random forms won't be accepted. Wink

    Currently, 3 predictions are valid. 

  • #16
    MSC157 wrote:
    macer75 wrote:

    We don't get to predict the final standings of Norway Chess? I was sort of looing forward to it :(

    (Un)fortunately only the winner of the torunament. Do you have any further ideas or specific expectations for PPP "rules"? I'll most likely host Candidates Tournament 2018 and World Chess Championship 2018, and any constructive criticism is appreciated to make PPP more interesting for everyone. I could implement some ideas even into PPP '17, if possible.

    Not at the moment, but if I think of anything I'll let you know.

    Also, I made my own Noway 2017 standings prediction, because I am really genuinely excited about the tournament:

    https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/predict-the-final-standings-for-norway-chess-2017

  • #17

    Actually, I do have an idea. When applicable, you could have people predict who will win the Pacifist Award for the tournament.

    https://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/ladies-and-gentlemen-i-present-to-you--the-pacifist-awards

  • #18

    Haha, if nothing else, it's very entertaining. Although it's like predicting a winner here. Mostly it's Carlsen (and in Pacifist's case, Giri) Laughing

    (Edit: #415 original for the #20)

  • #19

    At the end of the TPG 2017 (PPP) season, I'll award 5 titles. These are the following:

    • 1st place in TPG/PPP (TPC - Tournament Prediction Champion)
    • 2nd place in TPG/PPP (TPRU - Tournament Prediction Runner-Up)
    • 3rd place in TPG/PPP (TPPM - Tournament Prediction Podium Member)
    • Best qualifier per TPG (GCM - Game Classification Master)
    • Most accurate predictor (MPA - Masterclass Prediction Awardee)


      Rules: 
      - TPC, TPRU & TPPM are awarded according to the Final Standings.
      - MPA goes to the member with the most accurate predictions (full 'section' points).
      - GCM is detemined by scoring system 10/6/4/3/2/1, which are awarded after each event.

    Edit (more in ~#443):

    I present another "award", the last one: It's Golden Eagle - for the most accurate '# of decisive games' predictor. All players that competed in at least 2 events are eligible for this award.

    Golden Eagle Rating is calculated on 3 decimal places and is based on accuracy of the prediction.

  • #20
    MSC157 wrote:

    Norway Chess 2017

    45 games
    Deadline for predictions: June 4, 2017

    https://goo.gl/forms/0alfQzpx0FZbUDbH2

Top

Online Now