Forums

Rating 3000 in the puzzle is difficult or not?

Sort:
Kuuhaku01010

I achieved a rating of 2200 in puzzles, but didn't feel that there was a big difference between puzzle rating 2000 and 2400. Wasn't puzzle in chess.com grouped with the correct rating?

IcyAvaleigh
I experience the same, some 2000 puzzles feel even more difficult than 2400 ones
Kuuhaku01010

Nah, that's right.

x1jacob

I was just able to reach over a puzzle rating of 3000 a few days ago. From my own experience, it takes quite a while to reach a puzzle rating of 3000. I would say that about 90% of 3000 rated puzzles contain a combination of patterns, so being able to visualize tactics and patterns deep into analysis and having calculation techniques helps. I would try to average about 2-5 minutes per puzzle, and if its an obvious pattern, i would still spend an extra 30 seconds to make sure im not missing anything. Good luck on your journey!

PuzzleTraining_20onTwitch

It depends on the skill level of the individual. Generally 3000 puzzle rating is an unattainable goal for the average player.

nirupadhiksamudra

Why not??

jaytrentNC

I'm getting closer to 3000 (2950), but I have to be honest: I take a l-o-n-g time for each puzzle. So I guess that x1jacob could wipe the board with me in a game. But it will still feel good when I get there, and I'll brag to all my non-chess friends.

Kotomtom02

Wut i reached 3000 spending like 30 seconds per puzzle

Kotomtom02

puzzle rating

MariasWhiteKnight

As far as I can tell, anyone can reach puzzle 3000, or any other number. Its just a question of stamina.

Yes puzzles get harder.

Yes the gains in points get smaller.

Yes the penalty for solving puzzles gets worse.

But you literally have unlimited time to think about each puzzle. I am only at 2220, but I already at least once spent a quarter hour on a single puzzle. Still, you cant lose points from a correctly solved puzzle, at least as far as I know you dont.

P.s.: Just lost another puzzle, by not thinking through my next move. Still, I'm at 2233 now. Didnt need much time this time around either.

xBirdxJ

Personally, 3000 rated puzzles are difficult, yet they can sometimes be comfortable if you understand what you are doing; especially if you have a membership to do more puzzles. However, 3000 rated puzzles require time, preparation, good mentality, and confidence. It will take awhile to achieve a puzzle rating of 3000 since I'm still trying to reach that puzzle rating myself -- as of now I'm almost there without any membership.

Remember the words: "Checks, Captures, and Attacks" for BOTH sides when solving any puzzle! If you fail a puzzle, that is okay!

ParisSpider
I reach rating 3000 in puzzles
LowerYourExpectations
Scummy way to reach 3000 puzzles is to just refresh when you can’t see a solution. You can refresh infinitely and search for easy puzzles. This is a no skill method for players like me.
Mittens742689

its not too difficult,as far as you think things trough and focus while also putting some time into chess and becoming good at it then its kinda easy or at least for me. ive played chess for about a year and 10 months now and im a little under 3400 in puzzles

Mittens742689

its important to consider every moves and calculate as far and accurate in as many lines possible with each individual move

Mittens742689

you should also do the last thing i said when you play normal chess