FREE - In Google Play
FREE - in Win Phone Store
1. Why only the knight is allow to jump over other figures? This is simply not fair! And it complicates too much the game.
2. Why can the king not checkmate the other king? I mean, if I played well and still have a figure, why should I not be able to kill the king?
3. En passant is a horrible rule, only invented to disturb the game. Why we need such new rules? (what? The rule was introduced already in the Middle Age? Do you mean that already in this time people from FIDE were already inventing such stupid rules?)
4. I don't understand why the rules allow my opponent to checkmate me if I am up in material. This is against the principles of every game!
5. Why are the pawns not allow to move back? This is too complicated and unnecessary.
Do you have other ideas from stupid rules in chess? Stupid stalemate and the stupid 50 moves-rule where already mentioned in other threads, so you have to list other stupidities.
Answers to your "questions". Number one: the knight is very limited in spaces. Any other piece being able to do this would make the knight underpowered. Number two: as soon as your king gets close enough to checkmate, the opponent will just take your king.
Number 3: FIDE didn't exist in the Middle ages. Number 4: It makes you think about your moves, and also gives the chance for brilliant games with lots and lots of sacrifices.
Number 5: If they could move back, then there wouldn't be much deliberation over pawn moves. It's like taking back a move.
4 is what makes chess special.
I have some. The pawn moves one way and captures another way but other pieces capture the same way they move. The rules should be consistent. The rook should capture like the bishop moves and vice versa. The Queen should capture like the knight moves and vice versa. And of course a piece reaching the 8th rank should be demoted to a pawn (but the demotion shouldn't count as a pawn move for the purpose of the 50 move draw rule).
This is not ok. This has to stop now! Equal rights for all pieces.
The OP asks some sincere questions but do you respond with thoughtful answers? No. Instead you interrupt a serious discussion with sarcasm. I think we've all had it up to here with your tomfoolery!
This is horrible pls help this man
If you want equal rights for all pieces, play Go.
I still think Pawn should be able to move backwards but only on the first move.
I agree.Chess is full of stupid rules.
That is an attempt at humour, right?
I think that I picked up on that!
1. The rule where you have to checkmate (assassinate) the king. Why can't you just hold the queen hostage or make a peace treaty?
2. Why are bishops even fighting a war?? Men of God usually stayed out of politics, let alone battles! (OK, I know this isn't necessarily true through all of history, but the stereotype remains, so give me a break. :) )