Forums

Tell Me Why You Aren't a Premium Member

Sort:
TheGrobe

Not bad for something you get for free.

theoreticalboy

Mmhmm, get a sniff of that bathtub whiskey...

TheGrobe

Go ahead, dip in your jar.

theoreticalboy

Let me just sterili- no, wait, there's no point...

jordan34

because they wont accept a 99 dollar payment from my bank card through paypal. gay...

ultrajohn

I'm not a premium member because the payment method on the site is not readily available for me i.e. don't have e-money. So in the meantime, FREE!

winerkleiner
Goddess-Ishtar wrote:

LOL Check.... on what planet, in what Universe. does that still happen.

Lol how strange, I pay and play with 8-track tapes, the sound quality can't be beat!  But seriously, I 'm still a non-paying member because I am unteachable/Frown

1shtar

you still listing to abba.  or maybe the monkeys.  time to let go mate. Tongue out embrace gaga.LOL

AndyClifton
Skand wrote:

I have nothing against those who are paid members, even if they get automatic vacation and do not lose on time like lesser mortals. It's ok - no need to feel guilty, you gold-platinum-diamond members.

Jeez, who invited this guy?

AndyClifton
VladBGhita wrote:

Ivandh, I remember you...you are making much noise, but not saying anything in the forums...

Hey, shut up bozo! (not nice maybe, but certainly relevant)...and how did I get blocked by you anyway?  I don't even know you!  But like Billy Martin, I figure I might as well get a few licks in while I can...

corrijean

I think it follows the same broad outlines as your story, sarsaila.

AndyClifton

A story which I wait eagerly to hear...

Charlotte

Malta; I just knew you weren't from Scotland, I've lived there and never remotely met anyone as sexist as you are. Oil, is it? Big BBBBucks, lol. It makes so much sense now, phew.  you planning on moving back home anytime soon? 

theoreticalboy

.....now where on earth did that come from (not Scotland, I bet)?

RyanGarner

lol

trysts

Hilarious!Laughing

Ruby-Fischer
snakesbelly wrote:

Being a parent I can tell you choosing the premium member sibling can be a daunting task. Consider the photo below…

If you chose the child on the left to become the premium member sibling and sold the other child of to a sweatshop to pay for three chess coaches then well done.

The child on the right is of course waaaayyyyy to short to become a champ.

Life is not fair but we should always strive to make it fairer for the premium member.

Im not sure this is correct, because the child on the right looks more like Bobby Fischer.... and of course he turned out to be a great chess player, even though he did have mental health problems and hate America.

Plus Im short, and dont think it nice to pick on short people...

SirrinNacht
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
SirrinNacht wrote:
Conflagration_Planet wrote:
SirrinNacht wrote:

I don't have a paid membership because I don't have a credit card. I don't have a credit card because I personally don't think my income and expenses are high enough to justify having one. And to be frank, I'm rather suspicious of credit cards anyway, what with the hidden fees and other stealthy nuisances the card companies tack on.

Pay by check.

Chess.com does not give the option to pay by check on it's payment page. Most websites don't because of the risk of bogus and bounced checks. I'm amazed you were able to find a site that takes checks.

I didn't do it on a site. It was nothing to with chess.

Then why mention it if you didn't pay on a website? The issue was whether or not you could pay for something online by check. I understand if you only intended it as evidence people still pay for things with checks though. And I never said I thought it had anything to do with chess. 

Burke

I don't want to play more than a few games at a time and I don't care about the videos or whatever. My suggestion would be to allow people to play some games for free, say 20 to 50, then offer a lower charge to continue playing with some restrictions. For instance, only a few games at a time, no videos, etc. Charge maybe 7 to 10 dollars. Sure, other sites will allow free play but if a few thousand freeloaders like me pay up it could work. Plus other sites might follow suit. Right now I'm happy with free, but I'd pay a few bucks to play here and the site could benefit.

RyanGarner

Isn't it amazing how this site promotes chess, but nobody really plays it?! I love the irony of that.