Forums

Thematic Chess - I play BLACK????

Sort:
fweep

So, I'm looking at the new seeks, and I see someone posting a thematic. He chose the questionable defense 1.d4 Nf6 2. c4 e5?!

So, I figure I'll try my hand to see what novelty this fellow wants to spring on an unsuspecting White.

Guess what? He wants ME, his opponent, to play BLACK. Is he kidding, or what?

ivandh

Lol.

Maybe he wants to observe the technique of someone who has mastered this line.

Loomis

At least it's unrated, right?

Dwell

Guy plays 1.d4, and wants some practice against the Budapest.  What's wrong with that?

fweep
Dwell wrote:

Guy plays 1.d4, and wants some practice against the Budapest.  What's wrong with that?

You're right. I'm thinking some more about this, and I'd really like some practice against the following position:

1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6 3. Nxe5 fxe5 4. Qh5+ g6 5. Qxe5+ Qe7 6. Qxh8

There are some nuances I have not yet quite mastered. How do I set up this position for someone to play Black against me?

fweep
Gambitking wrote:

Y'know what? I'll play Black against YOU if you really want it that bad--the Budapest Defence is (!?), NOT (?!) ... comparing it to the Damiano is pure folly, and Black can equalise in nearly all lines, or even get an advantageous attack!

You sure you want to play me? We got a 500 point spread...

Dwell
fweep wrote:
Dwell wrote:

You're right. I'm thinking some more about this, and I'd really like some practice against the following position:

1.e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6 3. Nxe5 fxe5 4. Qh5+ g6 5. Qxe5+ Qe7 6. Qxh8

There are some nuances I have not yet quite mastered. How do I set up this position for someone to play Black against me?

My apologies.  I didn't realize you were unable to grasp obvious concepts.  Carry on.

fweep
Dwell wrote:

My apologies.  I didn't realize you were unable to grasp obvious concepts.  Carry on.

Please, no. It is my fault. I should be the one to apologize. I negligently mistook you for a sentient being with a sense of humor.

ivandh

No, no, I am sorry that both of you are dweebs.

rooperi

So, is this game against Gambitking happenning?

I'd also be willing to play the Black side of the Budapest, against anybody....