Forums

Unfair restrictions

Sort:
joymark1

I always enjoy playing with friends on Chess.net, where I am a Premium member. I like this site. Playing here for me is a pleasure and fun, and I enjoy it several times a week.

In the last couple of weeks, however, I found upsetting restrictions messages on my account. Your account may be restricted if you do not follow our Fair Play Policy. If restricted, you will only be able to play with friends. Please do not intentionally abort/disconnect from games or make your opponents wait unnecessarily.

For what reason? I have never intentionally aborted or disconnected any game. Some of my partners I played with abandon or abort it after two moves or later. I have never done it. Yet, as if a punishment, now I have no option to abort any game, forced to play with any partner, even if his/her rating 500 less than mine. Adding to that, my filter never works. Why to have this setting option if the program can't enforce it? No need to say, such indeserved restrictions are not fair, they are upsetting.

Also, there is a serious bug in the program. Several times it declared a loss to my partners for alleged abandoning the game, in the situation where was nothing of that kind. As a result, I got points I haven't deserved, not feeling any satisfaction for declared "win".

I understand, that all described was not intentional or biased. But it is very inconvenient. I hope that sad things will be changed, and we all will continue to enjoy the game we all love.

Thanks for your attention in the matter.

joymark1
I always enjoy playing with friends on Chess.net, where I am a Premium member. I like this site. Playing here for me is a pleasure and fun, and I enjoy it several times a week.

In the last couple of weeks, however, I found upsetting restrictions messages on my account. Your account may be restricted if you do not follow our Fair Play Policy. If restricted, you will only be able to play with friends. Please do not intentionally abort/disconnect from games or make your opponents wait unnecessarily.

For what reason? I have never intentionally aborted or disconnected any game. Some of my partners I played with abandon or abort it after two moves or later. I have never done it. Yet, as if a punishment, now I have no option to abort any game, forced to play with any partner, even if his/her rating 500 less than mine. Adding to that, my filter never works. Why to have this setting option if the program can't enforce it? No need to say, such indeserved restrictions are not fair, they are upsetting.

Also, there is a serious bug in the program. Several times it declared a loss to my partners for alleged abandoning the game, in the situation where was nothing of that kind. As a result, I got points I haven't deserved, not feeling any satisfaction for declared "win".

I understand, that all described was not intentional or biased. But it is very inconvenient. I hope that sad things will be changed, and we all will continue playing chess en

htdavidht

hahahahaha

I totally feel you.

Recently I went thrugth a blitz game and as soon as I joined the game found someone 300 points over me, who was anoyed by the fact of my lower score, so I did the muted chat tactic. Eventually on the game we were fairly equals on the board but on the time he was runing low, so as it wa stime for him to start making the bad moves someone with short time does, he did the "disconecting" tactic. Then I recive the messagge that he was going to be punish for unfair behavor.

Now well, my first thoug was that it would have being more fair if I was asket if I consider his disconection unfair, as in if I want to report him, becouse if I ever had the option I would no have him reported and sanctionate for this game,. Bu I was not asked about the deal.

Then to make sure about things I decided to start a game (Iusually join games other people start) , to make sure the score block was in place, and there it was, working as good as it sopouse to. This ease my "sorry" feeling for that player who was being punished, for he could have filter me from begining, if wanted to.

I still think I should be asked if I consider the disconection of the other player was dirty game or inocent accidents that happend sometimes.

So the learning on this is get a stable internet conection, and use the filter to keep us out low level players. And if you play with us you can still have fun, like make some crazy opening or give us some material like a Bishop to make the game interesting. Maybe you lose some 10 points score, but had the fun and can easily come back on the next game, no big deal.

Hamptone

I had a penalty imposed on me and I  have only ever aborted a couple of games. I was repeatedly warned and then punished,who do I complain too? I am always fair in play and love the game of chess,why was I punished?

Cheers

CrecyWar

chess.net?

Fair play restriction is d/t not resigning (stalling) and or abandoning I think.

Everywhichwaybutlose

Joymark, the way you behaved when you played against me was rude. I think your'e a pompous prick. Good luck in life with your attitude.