Was Alekhine assassinated?

autobunny
IMBacon wrote:

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/alekhine3.html

*snip*

The photographs were composed, as it is now an undisputed fact that the chessboard was placed there for the purposes of the shots. A few days after Alekhine’s death Francisco Lupi gave Rui Nascimento (a chess composition master and a strong chess player at that time; he is still alive) the better known “last” photograph of Alekhine. Francisco Lupi pointed to the chessboard and told Rui Nascimento that it had been put there by Luís, his stepfather, before he took the photographs.

*snip*

That's disgusting.  If true, then when Luis died they should have shoved a camera stand up his rear and a camera lens in his mouth,  so he too could die with the tools of his trade. 

While we're on disrespecting the dead,  it seems alekhine's last game and victory was against the same Francisco?  Do conspiracy theorists smell revenge here? 

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1013634

They called him frooty lupi after that.   Imagine the pain. 

autobunny
darwinwasright wrote:

Koltanowski personally told me that he killed himself.  Alekhine just wasn't important enough to murder.

So he did an alekhine gun on his own throat with 3 torn pieces of steak? 

autobunny
darwinwasright wrote:
autobunny wrote:
darwinwasright wrote:

Koltanowski personally told me that he killed himself.  Alekhine just wasn't important enough to murder.

So he did an alekhine gun on his own throat with 3 torn pieces of steak? 

I told the forum what kolty told me.  trying to be funny about a tragic death even if 70+ years ago is immature.

No you told us more.  And the joke was on you, not alekhine. Stop projecting. 

autobunny
darwinwasright wrote:
autobunny wrote:
darwinwasright wrote:
autobunny wrote:
darwinwasright wrote:

Koltanowski personally told me that he killed himself.  Alekhine just wasn't important enough to murder.

So he did an alekhine gun on his own throat with 3 torn pieces of steak? 

I told the forum what kolty told me.  trying to be funny about a tragic death even if 70+ years ago is immature.

No you told us more.  And the joke was on you, not alekhine. Stop projecting. 

you are being an attention seeking autojerk grow up

Name calling when all else fails. OK. 

ChessieSystem101
cleosvaldo wrote:

The theory that the soviet kill him makes sense. After all, if Stalin kill ALL members of the original Central Comitee members of Bolshevik party (except himself and Lenin), why he wouldn't kill a chess player to make way for his players?

No comment

Optimissed

I told the forum what kolty told me. trying to be funny about a tragic death even if 70+ years ago is immature.>>

For crying out loud, lighten up.

JamieDelarosa

Speaking about "tragic" deaths and Soviets, Stalin was reportedly quoted as saying, "One death is a tragedy; a million deaths are a statistic."  Life was cheap to the Communists.

bonebroth
darwinwasright a écrit :

  The 👑 wasn't important enough to justify murder gtho

 

ghost_of_pushwood
darwinwasright wrote:

trying to be funny about a tragic death even if 70+ years ago is immature.

lol

JogoReal

António de Oliveira Salazar interest in chess was a clear 0 (zero), Josef Stalin interest in chess was like what? In his last games Alekhine draw with people as notable as Perez, Frias and Lupi. Stalin was so worried...

JamieDelarosa
darwinwasright wrote:

Koltanowski personally told me that he killed himself.  Alekhine just wasn't important enough to murder.

I believe he told you that, but how would Koltanowski know?  He was on chess tour in Central America when the Nazis invaded Belgium, and avoided the Holocaust.  We can place him in NYC in 1944, where he met his future wife.  If he still had surviving contacts in Europe in 1946, his knowledge of Alekhine's death was hearsay.

JamieDelarosa
JogoReal wrote:

António de Oliveira Salazar interest in chess was a clear 0 (zero), Josef Stalin interest in chess was like what? In his last games Alekhine draw with people as notable as Perez, Frias and Lupi. Stalin was so worried...

The Soviets coveted the championship title for its propaganda value, and the Chekists in the government had a score to settle with the "traitor."  The immediate post-war political situation in Soviet-occupied  Europe was tense, especially Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, and the Balkans.  Intrigue was everywhere

JogoReal

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1013633

Lupi even won a game to Alekhine in 1946. Francisco Lupi was an amateur, can't be compared with Botvinnik.

ghost_of_pushwood

Okay, so maybe Kolty wasn't there.  The point is, he had it all memorized!

JamieDelarosa
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:

Okay, so maybe Kolty wasn't there.  The point is, he had it all memorized!

 

Greatest blindfold player of all time - outstanding memory

varelse1
JogoReal wrote:

Alekhine was never a politician or had a "political blog" or something. He was also easy to beat for the young generation of top GM, he was in poor health etc. He was almost an obscure and forgotten person. The world was moving fast to another big confrontation and he was not in cross-hairs. Hard to believe.

He actually did write several political articles during the Nazi occupation of France, wherein he claimed Jewish players were ruining the game of chess, with their cowardly playing styles.

Although Alekhine later denied writing these articles, the manuscripts for them were found in his apartment, after his death,

ghost_of_pushwood

Placed there no doubt by Jews!

Yes, Jewish players have indeed ruined the game of chess for the rest of us (with all their dastardly and insidious talent for it!).

JogoReal
varelse1 escreveu:
JogoReal wrote:

Alekhine was never a politician or had a "political blog" or something. He was also easy to beat for the young generation of top GM, he was in poor health etc. He was almost an obscure and forgotten person. The world was moving fast to another big confrontation and he was not in cross-hairs. Hard to believe.

He actually did write several political articles during the Nazi occupation of France, wherein he claimed Jewish players were ruining the game of chess, with their cowardly playing styles.

Although Alekhine later denied writing these articles, the manuscripts for them were found in his apartment, after his death,

Maybe he wrote the articles. Or is it just one article? Anyway, if my memory is right, this is the first time I read about "the manuscripts for them were found in his apartment, after his death". In fact he died in an hotel room in Lisboa and at that time he had no house or apartment of his own.

autobunny

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/alekhine.html

autobunny
ghost_of_pushwood wrote:

Placed there no doubt by Jews!

Yes, Jewish players have indeed ruined the game of chess for the rest of us (with all their dastardly and insidious talent for it!).

especially orange jews.