What chess records may never be broken?

JeffGreen333
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

Greatest Number Of Castlings in a game : 3! http://timkr.home.xs4all.nl/records/

Wait a minute. Is this implying that a player can castle twice in one game, if his king and rooks end up in the right positions a second time?  If so, that's a new one on me.  

Kens_Mom
JeffGreen333 wrote:
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

Greatest Number Of Castlings in a game : 3! http://timkr.home.xs4all.nl/records/

Wait a minute. Is this implying that a player can castle twice in one game, if his king and rooks end up in the right positions a second time?  If so, that's a new one on me.  

Yeah, I think theres' something wrong with that particular game.  It's even fairly recent too (1973).  Perhaps they are indeed illegal moves, but they were played and recorded on the scoresheet anyway because neither players realized they were.  I'd be interested in knowing what their FIDE rating were, since that could shed some light to the situation.

feygooner

Something similiar happened with Kramnik once, against Karpov I think. He didn't actualy castle twice, but he moved his king, moved it back and then asked the arbiter if he could castle in that position. The arbiter replied in the afirmative, so Kramnik happily went back to the board and castled.

fabelhaft

16 decisive games in a row in a title match: Steinitz-Chigorin 1889.

Kingpatzer

Country with the most World Ranked #1 Players to go Insane: USA with 2.

fabelhaft

It will surely take a while before there will be a shorter decisive game in a title match than 17 moves, as in Anand's win against Gelfand.

netzach

Paul Keres. Greatest number of wins over former WCC champions ( 9 ).

( Including a young R. Fischer in 1962 )

MSC157

Longest online game: http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=51161661

;)

ponz111

Record by chess master--but not in chess.  I may have the highest number of perfect [300] games in bowling.  344

NajdorfDefense

This GM beat 3 of the best & most famous chess World Champions the first game they played.

[To be clear, Player A beat WC B the first time they faced off, later beat WC C, and later WC D in their first game ever as GMs.]

Who was the GM? No googling plz.

To break the record, you'd have to beat 4 current/past univerally recognized World Champions [no Khalifmans!] the first time you met OTB and regular time controls [no blitz!]

NajdorfDefense

And I'll go with Lasker's 27 years as WC for mine.

feygooner

Viktor Korchnoi?

fabelhaft

Winning eleven games in a title match (Alekhine, 1929).

NajdorfDefense

The answer to the trivia Question is Akiba Rubinstein.

He crushed Lasker in their first meeting, and beat Alekhine and Capa in his first try. Amazing.

Also maybe one of the 1-2 players who could outplay Capa in an endgame.

fabelhaft
NajdorfDefense wrote:

This GM beat 3 of the best & most famous chess World Champions the first game they played.

[To be clear, Player A beat WC B the first time they faced off, later beat WC C, and later WC D in their first game ever as GMs.]

Who was the GM? No googling plz.

To break the record, you'd have to beat 4 current/past univerally recognized World Champions [no Khalifmans!] the first time you met OTB and regular time controls [no blitz!]

I think Spassky may have beaten the record since it seems as if he won his first games against Smyslov, Tal, Fischer and Kasparov.

ponz111

It is easy to beat 3 gms in 3 tries but to do what Spassky did-4 past/current world champs first time playing them is very difficult.

Unless you catch a future world champ at age of 10 or something...

netzach
ponz111 wrote:

It is easy to beat 3 gms in 3 tries but to do what Spassky did-4 past/current world champs first time playing them is very difficult.

Unless you catch a future world champ at age of 10 or something...

Spassky was real good. Got neglected (historically) because of other factors.

He was '' natural '' chess-player akin to Capablanca.

AndyClifton
ponz111 wrote:

It is easy to beat 3 gms in 3 tries but to do what Spassky did-4 past/current world champs first time playing them is very difficult.

 

lol

netzach
chrisr2212 wrote:

and he never went nuts!!! incredible! may have had something to do with him being such a gentleman ...

Need to research him. Maybe he never drunk alcohol & led a clean life ! Smile

Yes.. lol @ easy !! Ponz

netzach

Probably had a few in 1972...