Forums

What's is Magnus Carlsen's IQ?

Sort:
AndyClifton
Greenmtnboy wrote:

I'd say you're about 135 Andy based on a thorough analysis of your playing style, but you're slipping....

The only IQ estimates I accept as legitimate come from kenpo.  And since I don't come on here very often, I post whenever I get around to it. But thanks at any rate, o bearded one, for reminding me of the following:

eddysallin
Aaronsky72 wrote:

Turkishcoffee and Ciljettu, you are so right. The social engineering by the Marxist Globalists that control the western nations and are implementing a World Government would have everyone believe that noone is special and everyone is the same, nurture over nature which is not the case. Frankly I'm also suspicious of the motives of Judit Polgar's father, I suspect that the Communists searched for a born female chess prodigy and then got the father to announce he was testing a theory that anyone can be a chess genius. Talent is born not made, no matter how much training the average child gets he will never be a Magnus Carlsen or a Judit Polgar.

Judit Polar has something in common w/all players on chess. com ,she will never rise to the level of a Magus Carlsen. Sorry, but true.

rooperi

What's is Magnus Carlsen's IQ?

Magnus Carlsen's IQ is a score derived from one of several standardized tests designed to test his intelligence.

AndyClifton

Examples of standardized IQ tests include the Stanford-Binet, the Wechsler Intelligence Scale, and the Andy Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children.

PatzerLars

"What's is Magnus Carlsen's IQ ?"

Isn't there a redundant s in the sentence ?

PatzerLars
AndyClifton wrote:

Examples of standardized IQ tests include the Stanford-Binet, the Wechsler Intelligence Scale, and the Andy Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children.

I am waiting for the AndyClifton test ...

AndyClifton

Congratulations!  You've just made genius! Laughing

PatzerLars
AndyClifton wrote:

Congratulations!  You've just made genius! 

Thank you. I feel like a muppet now ...

AndyClifton

Uncle Lars, is that you?!  I see you've put on hair.

PatzerLars

It is the straw growing out of my head. Not easy to get rid of, my nephew.

Altmeister112

Kasparov's IQ was measured on the European version of the IQ tests.

These tests have a standard deviation of 15 and thus a lower variance than the american version of the IQ test. Kasparovs IQ would translate to about 146 on the american scale (standard deviation 20).

AndyClifton

Ah, at last we have achieved verifiativity!

goldendog

i always surspected we was stupider.

MyCowsCanFly
MorphyGambit wrote:

Kasparov's IQ was measured on the European version of the IQ tests.

These tests have a standard deviation of 15 and thus a lower variance than the american version of the IQ test. Kasparovs IQ would translate to about 146 on the american scale (standard deviation 20).

That's factually incorrect and...silly.

AndyClifton

On the plus side, deviation has now apparently become standard!

Altmeister112

No , look it up. American IQ-Bell-Curve has greater variance/std. deviation.

Kasparov is > 2 std. deviations from the mean.

Here is a reference from another Forum:

Correct: IQ values have a mean of 100 and standard deviation of 15. Two Standard deviations above (130) is the boundary to giftedness.

Eventhough IQ Tests are the most reliable tests (Cronbach's alpha, Re-Test Reliability etc) psychology have to offer (r > .9), they are still not 100% accurate. A test value of 135 means something like: the true IQ value lies with a 95% certainty between 127 and 143.

Another problem with high IQ values and tests is. Most standard IQ tests get a problem discriminating between testees with very high values. So that's one of the reason why I advise to be suspicious if somebody tries to tell you person xy had an IQ > 160. The reason is quite simple. The IQ follows a normal distribution (with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 s. above). The upper 2% have an IQ > 130 (two standard deviations). Now how many people have an IQ of 160+ (4 Standarddeviations). Now try to get enough testees to construct a test and actually make a normation with them. A lot of standard IQ test simply hit a ceiling effect. I am not saying persons with a "true IQ value" of likesay 200 do not exist. You just get a problem finding a good test that can tell you the difference between 160 and 200. Whether that difference actually matters in everyday's life is also a whole different question.

AndyClifton

Aha, I see!  So it's actually factually correct and silly!

MyCowsCanFly

That's irrelevant and common knowledge. Where's the standard deviation of 20 part? European IQ version test part? Actually, there's no way around this being silly.

Altmeister112

http://www.iqtestexperts.com/iq-scores.php

fyi

In this article a standard deviation of 24 is mentioned in contrast to the Stanford-Binet scale (std. 15).

There is also another scale which uses std. 20.

In order to being able to compare the different IQ you have to adjust for the different scales.

it is almost impossible to score as high as 180 on a Stanford-Binet scale. On the other hand the values smaller than 100 will also be less extreme.

AndyClifton

Ah yes!  The latest copy of the Poindexter Report.