What's the opening you hate most?

Sort:
factorysettings

Eric-Erard wrote:

The Scandinavian for me.

same. Scandi is lame as lame

factorysettings

DevilishApples123 wrote:

English is so boromg to play against. really good opening for those trying to kill opponent by boredom

ha! hard to argue this point

SmyslovFan
DevilishApples123 wrote:

English is so boromg to play against. really good opening for those trying to kill opponent by boredom

I love it when my opponents are bored by my opening choice. It almost always means they aren't interested enough to work out what's going on. 

stiggling
SmyslovFan wrote:
DevilishApples123 wrote:

I love it when my opponents are bored by my opening choice. It almost always means they aren't interested enough to work out what's going on. 

OMG it's like we're the same person lol happy.png

Eric-Erard

xd lol

number-0

scandy versus and using it

harbi_canoshi

If I were to tell you. You would all play it against me.

Eric-Erard

lol

USArmyParatrooper

Locked positions. Opponents who insist on them. Zzzzzzz I know it's NOT them avoiding playing, but it just feels like they're playing to avoid playing.

JimmyL101

English for me! I don't know enough of the theory. I just hope my opponent doesn't either!

Sun-and-Moon

I don't like playing the Scandinavian and kings pawn game as black either, those 2 responses to 1. e4 don't fit my style, what a concidence! wink.png

my137thaccount

Confused about why there's so much hate for the English here. Perhaps it's just that people are playing 1.c4 e5 without thinking...It makes most sense to try to aim for similar positions to what you play against 1.d4, which for most people would then be 1.c4 Nf6 2.Nc3 e6, which could lead to the Mikenas Attack which is far from boring, or else the Neo-Catalan against which you can take a Reversed Benoni setup. Given the great options available I'm not sure why everyone automatically plays the Reversed Sicilian.

my137thaccount

@OliverY23 @DevilishApples123 @factorysettings @JimmyL101 there is nothing boring about these positions after 1.c4 Nf6:

micnshreya

I don't like playing (as white) against the sicilian and (as black) against the King's gambit.

jjupiter6

Wayward Queen

ChuckVinson

One reason I quit playing the French is because of the exchange variation. It's such a cowardice move for white. 

Scandinavian is irritating but it wins games for a lot of people. 

AndresRojas85

Scandinavian (boring and its like half of the players in my rating range use is) and unusual Sicilians