Forums

Which is worse?

Sort:
jonnyjupiter

Resigning, not resigning, vacation time abuse or cheating?

TheGrobe

The chicken -- no, the egg!

tomjoad

I am resigned to abusing vacation time. Is that cheating?

jonnyjupiter

Resign, TheGrobe. You know it makes sense. I'm asking you to. Does this make me rude? What's the etiquette? Vacation time should be reduced. You cheated! You couldn't possibly have beaten me unless you used a computer!!

jonnyjupiter
tomjoad wrote:

I am resigned to abuse vacation time. Is that cheating?

Yes. Obviously. I'm going to report you. You should never resign. Deduct 50 points.

ilikeflags

impressive that the last time jonnyjupiter lost was 20 august 2009

goldendog

Request buttons for:

resign, stupid.

Should we be continuing this?

I resign, rudely.

I quit, don't ask me why.

I can still stalemate you.

jonnyjupiter
ilikeflags wrote:

Oh, but if that were true...

2nd jan and 8th Jan 2010 were 2 other unfortunate examples.

8th Jan is a good example of what I consider to be a well-played win against a line I'm now going to abandon. Granted, I don't think I played my end as well as I might have, but the exchange sac just isn't doing it for me any more. Please ignore the last move - I was thinking deep thoughts that didn't take account of the immediate future.

ilikeflags
jonnyjupiter wrote:
ilikeflags wrote:

Oh, but if that were true...

2nd jan and 8th Jan 2010 were 2 other unfortunate examples.

8th Jan is a good example of what I consider to be a well-played win against a line I'm now going to abandon. Granted, I don't think I played my end as well as I might have, but the exchange sac just isn't doing it for me any more. Please ignore the last move - I was thinking deep thoughts that didn't take account of the immediate future.

oh dear, missed those.  still a great little run there.  well done.

TheGrobe

Manipulating time!  Jeeze, some of you are playing on a whole different level from me.

Any chance you can go back and let me know whether it really was the chicken or if it was the egg that came first?

artfizz
jonnyjupiter enquired:

[Which is worse:] Resigning, not resigning, vacation time abuse or cheating?

Starting a thread about R, NR, VTA and C:

The 'C-word' is not allowed to be discussed. The 'A' of VTA is prohibited in posts. R & NR is illogical - oops, my head just explod

artfizz
jonnyjupiter wrote: [Which is worse:] Resigning, not resigning, vacation time abuse or cheating?

It's not resigning.

tomjoad

I burp meaningless member points. burp (+1!)

jonnyjupiter

1) Submit Move

2) Sudden Moment of Clarity - AAARGGH!

3) Time Manipulation

4) All is put right with the world.

Some would argue that the ability to manipulate time might be put to more meaningful uses, but they obviously can't see the bigger picture.

marvellosity
artfizz wrote:
jonnyjupiter wrote: [Which is worse:] Resigning, not resigning, vacation time abuse or cheating?

It's not resigning.

Ha. Clever.

chess4capa

Just to break the CHICKEN - EGG cycle for you: The Chicken had to come first, or there would be no explanation for the egg being there. This again flies in the face of Evolution, cause without the Chicken, it would be impossible to have a perfect egg from which future chickens could hatch. So the chicken had to have been complete as an egg laying thing, no chance for evolution to take place bud.

Now back to the CHESS, I could not properly follow the discussion:

But I think some people use the TIME thing just to be spoilt brats because they would rather not resign, even when their chance of winning has diminished to ZERO. Just to satisfy their bratish ego, they rather you kill them off rather than they resign < a sporting gesture, especially when you respect the opponent's intellect that he will not miss the trick to beat you >. This is why Grandmasters often agree to things long before we've seen WHY, cause they are that good, that they respect the opponent's abilitiy to spot the winning line, where they goofed!!!

I think everyone needs thinking time, that is what CHESS is about, so if you use your vacation time for this, then there is no malice. But if you use it inspite of a losing position, then you are being spiteful, and maybe a bad loser!!!

Take your pick, be your conscious and determine which choice you practise the most...

Ciao.

TheGrobe

I'm pretty sure dinosaurs laid eggs long before there was such a thing as a chicken.

Methusala

no  chess did    egg heads and chicken shit.. i resign