Why does chess attract so many beta males?

Thee_Ghostess_Lola

thx jack happy.png . I HATE it when ppl do say stuff like that. 

jackchilders

People attacking others from the safety and anonymity of a message board strike me as the most likely to have been bullied.

jackchilders
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
jackchilders wrote:

People attacking others from the safety and anonymity of a message board strike me as the most likely to have been bullied.

 

Believe me, Jack - There's not a thing in the world I wouldn't say to you face to face. What are you going to do? Get physical with me? You'll wind up in the ICU.

Why would I get physical with you?

Thee_Ghostess_Lola

I would luv if s/o crawled thru ur internet wire and showed up behind ur back !

jackchilders

Seriously, Coffee, why should care in any way what you say about me?

jackchilders

I don't coffee. You have no status in my life.

jackchilders

You.

 

ABC_of_EVERYTHING

I thought conversation is always about mutual commitment.

Destiny
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
qwertychungus wrote:

nakamura was probably bullied because he was a fat kid and now, chess is something he takes pride in because he feels powerful like those bullies which vindicates his attitude.

 

Indeed. Naka is a bizarre little Asian man who obviously has no life and some severe psychological issues. There's no other justification for literally spending every waking moment of your life on Chess. The guy takes the game so seriously, too. Like it's a real war being played out over the board. He's delusional.

That can be applied to every top 25 chess player.

btickler
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
Destiny wrote:
CoffeeAnd420 wrote:
qwertychungus wrote:

nakamura was probably bullied because he was a fat kid and now, chess is something he takes pride in because he feels powerful like those bullies which vindicates his attitude.

Indeed. Naka is a bizarre little Asian man who obviously has no life and some severe psychological issues. There's no other justification for literally spending every waking moment of your life on Chess. The guy takes the game so seriously, too. Like it's a real war being played out over the board. He's delusional.

That can be applied to every top 25 chess player.

No doubt.

So, why are you here then?  Personally, I find Olympic Curling a silly sport, but you won't find me on curling forums insulting people who sweep ice out of the way of sliding metal divots, or any of the top curlers, with my "I'm wearing shades to look cool and a wool cap to hide my growing bald spot" avatar wink.png.  That's a pastime for the weak of character and someone that lacks confidence, seeking to find it not by doing anything positive himself, but by immersing himself in communities of those he claims to disdain and trying to bring them even lower...down to his own level of sad reality.

It also doesn't jive with your other thread, where you are clearly want to improve your chess playing, but, as is the norm for you, instead of seeking something positive to get the job done, you complain about a blitz specialist who is writing articles about...blitz.  Would you also complain about Kamsky writing an article about the London System?  Your logic tank seems to have lost a track and is going in circles firing randomly...

JustARandomPatzer

CoffeeAnd420 wrote:

qwertychungus wrote:

nakamura was probably bullied because he was a fat kid and now, chess is something he takes pride in because he feels powerful like those bullies which vindicates his attitude.

 

Indeed. Naka is a bizarre little Asian man who obviously has no life and some severe psychological issues. There's no other justification for literally spending every waking moment of your life on Chess. The guy takes the game so seriously, too. Like it's a real war being played out over the board. He's delusional.

...... Ignoring the fact that the same cam be said of anyone who makes a living off of chess, sports, gaming, or anything that is considered "recreational", let's take a moment to appreciate this. What is a reason to spend almost all of your day on something? Maybe it's delusion, OR MAYBE THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT HE EARNS HIS INCOME THAT WAY.

ginzbirdman

dont feed the troll

Pulpofeira

Exactly.

ginzbirdman

ICU.  joker.  wow intimidating in the online chess community.  you sound like a real gem

M3GACH33S3

wow, imagine being smart, and then classified as an offensive term that doesn't even have any scientific meaning.