x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

How to post a game using a PGN file [A step by step guide for Chess.com dummies]

  • #121
    Bilbo21 wrote:
    uthbees wrote:

    This isn't really related to this topic, but is there a way to start playing against the computer from a point? Like just put in a list of moves and continue playing from there. There's no upload button on the computer games.

    I can't see any easy way but you can edit this url, which the list of moves separating each full move with %20

    https://www.chess.com/play/computer?moveList=

     

    You can do it from an Analysis board on the site. Set up your position or move order the click the Play vs Computer icon playhand.png

  • #122

    thumbup.png

    "Bump"

  • #123

    Hi there. I've got a question. Can I post my chess.com game on my website or other websites?

  • #124
    ArsenBelarus wrote:

    Hi there. I've got a question. Can I post my chess.com game on my website or other websites?

     

    Yes. You csn use the Share link on a game to do it

  • #125

    test

  • #126

    test

  • #127

    how have the tests gone?

  • #128

     

  • #129

     

    Thanks

  • #130

    has the formatting changed in v3? 

  • #131
    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • #132

    This is great instructions for those people who are stuck using  Windows devices.  I have a Windows 10 laptop which I use for a particular Chess application, but compared to my Apple MacBook Pro running Sierra, the Windows OS  sucks big time...   I used to be an software engineer that programmed (and used as an enduser Windows devices). NOT ANY MORE.  9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for.  Please update your outdated instructions!

  • #133
    TheLoneStar wrote:

    This is great instructions for those people who are stuck using  Windows devices.  I have a Windows 10 laptop which I use for a particular Chess application, but compared to my Apple MacBook Pro running Sierra, the Windows OS  sucks big time...   I used to be an software engineer that programmed (and used as an enduser Windows devices). NOT ANY MORE.  9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for.  Please update your outdated instructions!

     

    Instructions in this topic were written by a normal user (I don't believe the OP was staff) and were based on the old site. For the most part, the process is very similar in the new version and being an browser-based app/process it should be pretty much identical across operating systems since the browser is what is doing the display.

  • #134

    [Bump]

    The moment you click on the chessboard icon to insert a PGN/FEN, it balloons over all other tabs making it nearly impossible to navigate on Mobile.

    Taking control or minimizing the size of the board adds to the difficulty.

  • #135
    Piperose wrote:

    [Bump]

    The moment you click on the chessboard icon to insert a PGN/FEN, it balloons over all other tabs making it nearly impossible to navigate on Mobile.

    Taking control or minimizing the size of the board adds to the difficulty.

     

    Yeah, it isn't designed to do on mobile. It can be done but you should really use a full PC/browser for that.

Top

Online Now