Forums

Mate in three. If you find it you're magnus carlsen.

Sort:
Da_Waffel
drdos7 wrote:
Thepasswordis1234 wrote:

too easy

maybe a harder one

Here, give this one a try.

White to move and mate in 9:

The final move is Rxa6#

bATman1594

1.Qxd7+ Rxd7 2.Rc8+ Rd8 3.Bb5# ehh not really magnus carlsen level, i'm just 1400

Albertx54

1.Nb5+ Ka8 2.Qa7+ Bxa7 3.Nc7+ Kb8 4.Nxa6+ KNa6 9.Rxa6# Checkmate. It took some time. Third attempt. And solved. I counted the variants incorrectly twice, I wanted to solve it too quickly. It's difficult. But in the end it worked. Nice puzzle. (Sorry for the English language, this is the translator.)

venom-madueke
drdos7 wrote:
Thepasswordis1234 wrote:

too easy

maybe a harder one

Here, give this one a try.

White to move and mate in 9:

Easy

LW14842
Tooooooooooo easy 1 Nb5+ka8 2Qa7 +Bxa7 3. Nc7+ Kb8 4. Nxa6+ka8 5. Nc7+ Kb8 6. Nxd5+ Ka8 7. Nb6+ Bxb6 8. Axb6 +Na6 9. Rxa6# 1-0
LW14842
The second one is too easy
drdos7
LW14842 wrote:
The second one is too easy

Ok, I'll step it up a little bit. White to move and mate in 8, and DON'T post the solution, as it is already in the pgn file and others might want to try it out, but I doubt very seriously you'll find the solution without an engine or lots of hints.

White to move and mate in 8:

2 Novotnys by White, and 2 Novotnys by Black in this masterpiece by Milan Vukcevich,
If you don't know what a Novotny is then look here.
CoolRichFord

bro that was easy

CarlsenMagni
Milan Vukcevich vs. Unknown player
1-0 Mate in 8 Columbus, OHIO WTF 19 Mar 2024
drdos7
CoolRichFord wrote:

bro that was easy

Sure, after you hit the solution button. wink

LW14842
By guys talk to you tomorrow by chat to you guys tomorrow
LW14842
Chat to you tomorrow
CarlsenMagni

1. Bf2

2. Rb6

3. ba4

4. Be3

5. Rg5+

6. bxc6

7. rxc6

8. rh6#

Albertx54

And what's supposed to be difficult about this puzzle? The most important move is White Bf2, the rest, no matter what Black plays, it loses in a few moves. And checkmate for Black.

drdos7
Albertx54 wrote:

And what's supposed to be difficult about this puzzle? The most important move is White Bf2, the rest, no matter what Black plays, it loses in a few moves. And checkmate for Black.

The thing that makes it hard is that it is a mate in 8 rather than a white to play and win. It's a directmate problem where you must find the mate in the specified number of moves against ANY defense, otherwise it's not considered solved.

LW14842
Hi there
Albertx54
drdos7 napisał:
Albertx54 wrote:

The thing that makes it hard is that it is a mate in 8 rather than a white to play and win. It's a directmate problem where you must find the mate in the specified number of moves against ANY defense, otherwise it's not considered solved.

You are 100% right. But if you sit down calmly and count the variants, it will take some time, and you will get to the heart of the puzzle.

ylqy
is going on a rant in the morning so I
drdos7

White to move mate in 5:

Albertx54

1.Bh4 b3 2.Bxg5 Ke6 3.Rf4+ Kd5 4.Nf3 b2 5.e4# . Yes, this puzzle was not bad, interesting and clever, a lot of thinking, a lot of counting variants, it took a lot of time and I'm not entirely sure if that's what this puzzle is about, but 5 moves and checkmate. It was a good puzzle.