Forums

Odds & Ends ( etc )

Sort:
badenwurtca

So have you been keeping an eye on your cash or not ? Well it seems that a 68 year old fellow forgot he had stashed $ 100,000 dollars in cash ( about $ 80,000 US ) in an old TV set. Lucky for him the people at the recycling center were very honest and returned the money to the old guy. Btw has anyone else here ever lost track of a big pile of cash   lol.

AlCzervik

you just reminded me to check my lottery tickets.

badenwurtca
AlCzervik wrote:

you just reminded me to check my lottery tickets.

---   Yes you must not let your lottery tickets expire ! On the question of lost money I did misplace one of my VAT tax refund cheques a few months ago but located it again after a while ( hey $ 103 dollars is not chicken-feed   lol ). 

badenwurtca

From time to time we try to give out the Dunce Of The Year Award in this thread ( yes we have another candidate   lol ). This time it is the rather grumpy Simon Cowell who recently had $ 1.6 million dollars worth of Jewels stolen from his West London home. The best part is that the safe containing these items was left unlocked. Well why bother with a safe at all ? Just leave the Jewels in a box on the sofa and make it even easier for the burglars to grab the goods.

AlCzervik

what's his address?

mkjays_ghost
Taco
badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts.

badenwurtca
AlCzervik wrote:

what's his address?

---   Yes I would imagine that a number of people want to know that   lol.

badenwurtca

Income tax season is here again and up here in Canada we need to be finished with our tax forms by the end of the month of April. The tax department has been after people to file their forms electronically. Now I just heard that the tax departments web-site has been down since Thursday. No problem for me tho as I still use the mail to send in my forms   lol.

badenwurtca

Another candidate for the " Dunce Of The Year " award ? For this one we go to East Meadow NY where we find that a 83 year old fellow checked out of a hospital and then stole an ambulance from the parking lot to drive off with. Perhaps the old guy had forgotten that in most towns you are able to call a " Taxi " for a ride. Then if you remember to pay for the ride the police won't bother arresting you   lol.  

badenwurtca

So once upon a time about 10 years ago the Canadian mint made 5 huge gold coins that weigh over 200 pounds each and are about 2 feet across ( worth over $4 million US at today's gold prices ). One of these coins " Was " on display at the Bode museum in Berlin Germany. Yup I said was as it has just been stolen. So who was in charge of security at this museum, I'm guessing it was either Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck   lol.

AlCzervik

is that a coin in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts.

badenwurtca

Once upon a time there was a Gold rush in California. Also the shinny metal was found up North in the Yukon as well as in Alaska. Meanwhile over in South Africa they found lots of Diamonds. Perhaps you are sad that you missed out on these chances to get rich ? Well a new opportunity has come along on the island of Madagascar ! Yes it seems that thousands of people have now flooded into the forests on that island due to a " Sapphire Rush " that has recently started off. So pack your suitcase and then go to seek your fortune ( don't forget to take your shovel   lol ). 

badenwurtca

So how good is your Doctor ? It seems that there has been a " fake surgeon " on the loose in Colorado. Yes a certain fellow claimed to be a cosmetic surgeon and even had his own clinic. Perhaps it might just be a good idea to check credentials before handing out any medical licenses to people? 

badenwurtca

Thanks for the post.

badenwurtca

Come fly the " Friendly " Skies  ---  Fly United !!! In the fine print it says however: Get the H** off the Darn Airplane when we order you to do so ! Well after all the plane belongs to United ( Btw if you have an old football helmet at home be sure to put it on before boarding   lol ). 

ivandh

I heard about that story the same day my company booked me a flight out to Idaho on United. I will be sure to remember my helmet- hope they don't make me put it in checked luggage.

Babytigrrr

Fly United...

null

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts and the photo.