Forums

Old TV Shows

Sort:
RonaldJosephCote

Bingo!tongue.png  We have a winner....."Prime Suspect" it is. Show this post to any Staff or mod person and you'll receive a "free" thread.wink.png

motherinlaw

A Free Thread?! (Be still, my heart!)   

RonaldJosephCote

This Fall--2018......the're Re-doing "Magnum P.I.". .....?  I wonder if Tom Selleck will do a walk on cameo as......oh, I don't know.....maybe a police chief. wink.png  .......and the only thing that looks partly promising is about a missing plane.....called "Manifest" Oh wait.....there's a new doctor show called....."Amsterdam"....... and a quirky show with violence entitled "Mr In Between".   The motorcycle show "Sons of Anarchy" is now being called "Mayans M.C.".....same show different actors......violence, sex, drugs......"The Usual Suspects" happy.png   ....oh.....forgot......sorry......this is the OLD TV show thread......we need a NEW TV show thread.nervous.png

RonaldJosephCote

The new Murphy Brown is premiering tonight at 9pm.......so.....is that new TV or old TV?wink.png 

RonaldJosephCote

Ted Danson has a new show......"The Good Place"...I think?  And Tim Allen has a new show also.  Nathan Fillion......the guy from "Castle" is playing a cop.....entitled "The Rookie".

RonaldJosephCote

Ok.......Here's the rub. A new show, "The Cool Kids" will fit this thread because its about 4 comedy legends living in a retirement community. I know Vicky Lawrence is one of them, so its a new show about 4 old people......well maybe not old but it has the kind of appeal......that would appeal to the posters of this thread.wink.png https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7725538/

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts and for the info.

RonaldJosephCote

bad....why don't you give this guy a run for his money will ya.?wink.png        https://www.chess.com/forum/view/community/tv-shows-that-lasted-more-than-3-seasons-yaes-nays

badenwurtca

Sounds like an interesting thread.

badenwurtca

Moonbase Alpha here we come !!! Yes there was an item on the news today about plans to build a base on the Moon. This of course took me back to 1975 and the " Space 1999 " Sci-Fi TV show with Martin Landau and Barbara Bain. If you bought the premise that our Moon might be forced out of orbit then the show was quite a good series.

badenwurtca

Sad news for fans of McHale's Navy as Tim Conway has passed away at age 85. Conway was also a regular on the " Carol Burnet Show " for several seasons.

RonaldJosephCote

Hollywood is dropping like flies......that's 3 THIS week.surprise.png    Peggy Lipton.......Doris Day......and now Tim Conway.cry.png

badenwurtca

Just wanted to mention that James Drury has passed away at age 85. Those of us old enough to remember the days when " Westerns " were common on TV will probably remember a series called " The Virginian " which featured Drury in the lead role. 

badenwurtca

Guess who  lol.

EscherehcsE

Ah, geez. Do I have to read the entire thread? I'm terrified of the idea...

RonaldJosephCote

NEW YORK- June 9, 2021 CNN Original Series is set to debut two new docuseries this July; History of the Sitcom premiering with back-to-back episodes on Sunday, July 11 at 9pm and 10 pm ET/PT,

RonaldJosephCote

Well what did you learn from Sun night's episode?  I didn't know it was 2 hrs....I thought it was from 9 to 10.  Their entire explanation seem to be about se x. I never thought about that when I was watching those shows..... Ok, maybe when I watched Mary Tyler Moore but,..... I also didn't know about ga y's until Billy Crystal did "SOAP".  Hopefully next week will be better,... you know...."The Munsters"....not much se x there. 

BunnyTre

Whose Line Is It Anyways? Is an amazingly funny show xD they even started making a whole new one xD

RonaldJosephCote

Agreed.....that show is comedy gold.tongue.png

badenwurtca

Thanks for all of the posts.