Forums

Old TV Shows

Sort:
badenwurtca

In my case I do not have Cable TV here so I miss a lot of stuff but hey I can go on the internet more instead  lol.

Gomer_Pyle

Thunderbirds was one of my favorite shows when I was young. That was over fifty years ago. It's still one of my favorites. Thunderbirds are GO!

motherinlaw

A nice opportunity available on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video - you can find an old beloved sitcom - or an old vaguely familiar one - and just binge watch the series -- or as many episodes as you want to - with no commercials!

RonaldJosephCote

I just learned something about "The History Of Sitcoms" on CNN.  The're looping it on Saturdays....surprise.png   THIS Sun....tomorrow.... is episode 2.  If you miss it,...you can catch it next Saturday night at 9pm.    You're Welcome. happy.png

Problem5826

'Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps' is probably my favourite old show. Was on in the 00's and 2010's. A very funny show about a group of young-adults friends in England.

Got my dad the box-set of 'only fools and horses' which is a show from the 80's about people selling stolen goods in the market square lol. Trying to get rich quick and living in their run-down flat with their 3-wheel van. Very funny and a great show.

RonaldJosephCote

The Story Of Sitcom's  didn't point out that "Joanie Loves Chachi"  is a spin-off of Happy Days. I never watched it BTW and it only lasted 1 yr. Also, no mention of M.A.S.H yet.....surprise.png

RonaldJosephCote

One more thing.....  I watched "Lavern & Shirley because it was my generation and it was funny. I NEVER watched "Two Broke Girls" because it was just a remake of "Lavern & Shirley"..... that's what Lavern & Shirley were..... 2 Broke Girls.  The cosmetics were a little different, but it was the same show. meh.png

RonaldJosephCote

Here's one you might like Baden.....  this Sunday at 8pm...CNN   "Where Have All The Theme Songs Gone"..... theme songs of T.V. shows....shock.png   "Petticoat Junction"......"Green Acres"......"Gilligan's Island"......and of course......"The Brady Bunch"....etc.                           

RonaldJosephCote

That would make for a good thread.......all the TV theme songs you can remember. wink.png

motherinlaw

Bosom Buddies -- "It's My Life"  (Billy Joel)  

RonaldJosephCote

A lot of people are re-doing "For The Longest Time" also a Billy Joel tune because of the Pandemic.  DAM!...angry.png... I didn't see last night's episode about sit-coms. I'm moving to a much better place later this month and I'll be off the site for a couple of weeks. After I get semi-settled, I'll hook up the computer. Kepp watching those sitcoms and.......                                                             

jewelqueen52
Little house on the prairie
KyloAPPROVES

Adams family

motherinlaw

I love Lucy and she loves me

We're as happy as two can be

Sometimes we quarrel but then

How we love making up again

--- Desi Arnaz

(Didn't know the theme song had words, did you?)

badenwurtca

Thanks for the posts.

RonaldJosephCote

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/15-best-series-finales-time-190022113.html   

local_idot
The Goldbergs is pretty good, dunno if it's old though.
Problem5826

High Spirits with Shirley Ghostman is another good comedy one:

RonaldJosephCote

I wish it was longer.....tongue.png                                                                                         

Wits-end

Paladin, Have Gun Will Travel. He was an expert chess player. Had a Night on his holster. Dad bought me a double holster that had the Night on the sides. Yep, I’m old.