Forums

Yes I Luv That Golden Oldie Country Music !

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Among the first songs that I heard in the English language were Country music songs including Jim Reeves doing " According To My Heart ". Tonight I happened to be playing a DVD from the Time-Life Video series on Country music ( an 8 disc set ). On this disc is a teriffic story-song written and performed by Tom T. Hall entitled " The Year That Clayton Delaney Died " and so I thought that I needed to start a new thread. I would also include Bluegrass, Cajun and Western Swing music ( & Rockabilly of course ).  

Joseph-S

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Joseph-S, Jim Stafford had out a lot of cute songs over the years.

There have been a number of Country songs that also made it onto the Pop charts. I recently heard the song " North To Alaska " ( sung by Johnny Horton ) on the 1950's channel of of my Satelite radio. Of course Johnny Horton also had hits with " The Battle Of New Orleans " and " Sink The Bismarck " among others. 

cabadenwurt

Kitty Wells passed away the other day at age 92. Kitty was one of the earliest Female Stars in Country Music, before Loretta and Dolly and Tammy. I Believe that Patsy Montana was one of the few Women who was a Star before Kitty became famous.   

cabadenwurt

Over in one of my other threads the name of Hank Williams Sr just came up. Needless to say his name needs to be mentioned in this thread, both as a Songwriter and as a Performer as well. Indeed Hank's song " Cruel Cruel Heart " was recorded by the great Tony Bennet some years ago.  

corrijean

corrijean

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the clips Corrijean. I'm very much a Loretta Lynn fan and I liked the duets that she did with the late Conway Twitty. I've also heard a very lively version of " Oh Danny Boy " done by Conway way back in his Rockabilly days. 

corrijean

Not very good sound quality, but it is a live performance. Here's better sound quality, but I always think the live performances are a bit more special:

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

corrijean

trysts

Luv the Dean+Rick song;)