Forums

Computer opponents in 1200 - 1400 range missing?

Sort:
smeagol-en42

What happened to the Komodo engines in the low - medium rating range? I like the new BOT type computer opponents, but sadly there are at the moment none in my rating range (between 1300 - 1400)?

Are there any plans to add these anytime soon?

Martin_Stahl
smeagol-en42 wrote:

What happened to the Komodo engines in the low - medium rating range? I like the new BOT type computer opponents, but sadly there are at the moment none in my rating range (between 1300 - 1400)?

Are there any plans to add these anytime soon?

The official engine accounts don't have set ratings. They are treated just like other members and gain/lose rating after wins/losses.

smeagol-en42

Yes, I know, but their rating remains in more or less a fixed range. Lately, Komodo 10, the engine I played most of the time, for example was more or less moving in the range from 1280 - 1350, and Komodo 11 started around 1450... this 100 point rating gap is quite significant in my opinion. The K11 plays waaaaaaay better than K10, somehow the middleground between those two seems missing.

And just now, the Komodo opponents start with K15, the lower tiers are all awol / replaced with the name-BOT opponents (which have quite diverse starting ratings, but interestingly enough none in the above mentioned 1200 - 1400 range).

pawn314159

For those interested in the new bots as well as Komodo, have now gathered info on all new computer bots and Komodo levels with ratings < 1000. A blog post is at: Man vs Machine, Initial Days of Computer Bots

smeagol-en42

Great analysis! Thanks for sharing the link pawn314159.

pawn314159

I have now played many of the Komodo levels and bots in the mid-ranges of 1000 to 1700, and this has produced a great amount of information on the computer programs.  Data from those games is available at: Man vs Machine, Part II – the Mid-Level Bots.