Forums

New sound system

Sort:
LINKIN_PARK

If u dont bak old sound plz email me old sound i use in my chess engine. My ear gone mad hearing XXXXXXXX new sound. I wana rely kill who invented new lol sound . Lol management   [edited by a mod.  no vulgarity please. even if the sound does resemble a somewhat crude body function.]

chessplayer11

I noticed that the sound for being put in check is virtually identical to the switching sounds in Jane's WWII Flight Simulator. In the settings and in game to switch camera views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLn-GyyxQI

Improvisation

No vulgar comments are allowed but vulgar sounds are welcome

Kings-at-Large

Hell ,I lost my game due to sound change. Go to hell chess.com.

Kings-at-Large

The new sounds are a disgrace.

Daeru

I thought this was an opening which was a sound system against .. 

-.-

willtest
Franken_Berry wrote:

I just wanted to express my sympathy towards the staff for having to suffer through the constant whining of the above posters.

My sympathy is for the mothers who had to raise these people through their whole childhoods.

chessplayer11
Franken_Berry wrote:

I just wanted to express my sympathy towards the staff for having to suffer through the constant whining of the above posters.

So what do like better about the new sounds? Oh wait, you joined yesterday and played just one live chess game.

DeepGreene

New users present an objective perspective (unbiased by familiarity/nostalgia) that is as welcome as anyone else's. :)

chessplayer11
DeepGreene wrote:

New users present an objective perspective (unbiased by familiarity/nostalgia) that is as welcome as anyone else's. :)

I didn't hear him say he liked it. And what again is the reason for removing the older sounds, replacing them kid tinker toy sounds and introducing each game with a blast of flatluance?

CerebralAssassin
chessplayer11 wrote:
Franken_Berry wrote:

So what do like better about the new sounds? Oh wait, you joined yesterday and played just one live chess game.

this might be just a hunch....but I think Franken isn't exactly new to this site :p

Kings-at-Large

I have to die soon. chess.com I pray you all may also die soon.

LINKIN_PARK

backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk old sounddddddddddddd lol mangment

Mate-And-Run

New sounds take the joy out of playing. These are killjoy sounds.

Mate-And-Run

Most chess lovers hate these sounds.

DeepGreene

Hi guys,

We are going to be making some changes to the current sound-set. The issues we want to address are as follows:

- Simple, pleasant tones for game-start and game-end.

- Make self-move & opponent-move more similar (to avoid the bip-BOP-bip-BOP effect)

- Make castling sound more natural, given the regular move-sounds

Could be a couple of weeks to get the new sounds engineered and implemented.

Aditya_Deshpande8

change is always looked at with curiosity....but lets hope the change is good and the new sounds are better.....cheers

CerebralAssassin
DeepGreene wrote:

Hi guys,

We are going to be making some changes to the current sound-set. The issues we want to address are as follows:

- Simple, pleasant tones for game-start and game-end.

- Make self-move & opponent-move more similar (to avoid the bip-BOP-bip-BOP effect)

- Make castling sound more natural, given the regular move-sounds

Could be a couple of weeks to get the new sounds engineered and implemented.

I say keep the farting sounds.but the pots and pans have to go Tongue out

Mate-And-Run

Long live sh-it sounds

TsunamiWaves

I hate these shtt sounds.