Forums

Rematches: I suggest a rule.

Sort:
Wawrinkaz

I also don't understand why people would care all that much about rematches in the context of internet blitz/bullet

for 99% of us it doesn't really mean anything. it's supposed to be fun/entertainment.

Shivsky
jposthuma wrote:

Ok, I'm working on a little connect the dots here.

If you want a rematch, I am assuming you

Lost the first game. You probably want a rematch because you are upset about the loss, And you want revenge.

Reality: this is a game! Instead of getting upset and spamming the rematch button, click the analysis button and figure out why you lost. Hope I helped.

+1.

Emotion motivates quite a few rematch requests!

learningthemoves
Wawrinkaz wrote:

realizing people they encounter online are just as human as the people they encounter in every day life, but...

no. there's a big difference between people who you know and with whom you interact in real life and the completely anonymous avatars you encounter while playing internet blitz/bullet. it's not the same thing at all.

obviously it's some human being behind some screen somewhere, but you have no information about this person whatsoever. or at least you're not supposed to have any information about them. you cannot talk with and/or interact with someone in real life and not have at least some information about them. and it's usually a considerable amount actually.

Thanks for proving my point. Whether you feel you have enough data about them to be able to "judge" them or not doesn't change anything about the fact they are a human being, just as I said. So saying, "no" to an established fact just won't cut it.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

The so-called "5-minute" and "15-minute" chess available on some servers offers a solution to this problem. You can't pick the opponents, and you can't rematch.

macer75

Thread title should be:

You should be forced to accept rematches

devarishi

I rarely play rematch, usually because i do not want to play another game straight away. The only reason might be that a player deserves one in my opinion, eg. Goofed and straight away resigned. but those situations are so rare. The option of starting a match, like i always do when i meet a chessbuddy in real life, would be a match with first to 6 victories. The rating consequences don't really matter if you just want to know who is the better player. The thing that bothers me at times is that players who have just won, request a rematch, that is just rude.

macer75
macer75 wrote:

Thread title should be:

You should be forced to accept rematches

Looks like I killed this thread 15 months ago!

YANQUI_UXO

The irony of someone named TiSpaccoilCulo (ikickyourass) saying "i dont use chat they only use that for bad words" ah ah ah

sei un grande!

TheGrobe
Commanderguy wrote:
[COMMENT DELETED]

Worst. Bump. Ever.

Mr_Spocky

Maybe this is a troll forum...

2travel

some humbuggers never give up on this topic

David
He gave up on the topic ages ago - you seem to be the one going around reviving all of them. Why on earth would you do something like that? Anyways, I would think that no other chess site out there forces rematches either. And that if really wanted a rematch, he can play Online Chess tournaments, where you do play your opponent twice, once with black and once with white
Murgen

How about a rule that anyone who demands rematches instantly gets put into a "rematchers only" pool where it is mandatory for all players to play an infinite number of rematches. Laughing

2travel

Ban any new threads on rematches topic. Refer people to get them out of the archives...all you ever need to know is available