Forums

Creating Trophies?

Sort:
LuckyFelix

How does a TD create trophies for a tournament?

artfizz
LuckyFelix wrote: How does a TD create trophies for a tournament?

Create Tournament -> Show more advanced options.

Tick Use custom trophies.

Then Choose File for each trophy. (If fewer than 13 participants, the TD gets prompted for a 1st place trophy only.) The size of the image should be 100 x 100 pixels; most graphic file types are acceptable.

Martin_Stahl
artfizz wrote:

Create Tournament -> Show more advanced options.

Then Choose File for each trophy. (If fewer than 13 participants, the TD gets prompted for a 1st place trophy only.) The size of the image should be 100 x 100 pixels; most graphic file types are acceptable.

Is that only for custom trophies? In the help for tournaments it says if there are 8 or more players you get 1-3rd place.

Though, I just went through a dry run and even if I chose less than 8 players there were upload/browse buttons for three places. Not sure if it would let me upload all of them though.

artfizz

artfizz wrote: Create Tournament -> Show more advanced options.

Martin_Stahl wrote: Is that only for custom trophies? In the help for tournaments it says if there are 8 or more players you get 1-3rd place.

Though, I just went through a dry run and even if I chose less than 8 players there were upload/browse buttons for three places. Not sure if it would let me upload all of them though.

On custom trophies, I get prompted for 1st place only, when I set places to 12 (which is my allowed maximum).

LuckyFelix

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I'm having a great time at Chess.com.  I look forward to selecting some images for my next tournament.

Gratefully,

Joe "LuckyFelix"

artfizz
LuckyFelix wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I'm having a great time at Chess.com.  I look forward to selecting some images for my next tournament.

Gratefully,

Joe "LuckyFelix"

Welcome to chess.com!

Take care not to join too many tournaments, as your Timeout Ratio may suffer, and then you'll be restricted in your choice of future tournaments. Smile

LuckyFelix

Thanks Artfizz,

One of the main reasons I am interested in creating tournaments is so I can set them for people who play fast and have few time-outs.  I keep my speed and timeout ratio in order and I appreciate other who do the same. 

Thanks for your help!

Joe