I've decided to try out coaching at Chess.com! I had a trial session with homanboy last Sunday, we went way over the hour and spent about two and half hours going over a very instructive game of his which branched into a bunch of other topics too. The game is so good instructionally I've posted it below.
My coaching profile page can be found here. I enjoyed the session with homanboy a lot and hope I'll have the oppurtunity to do some more coaching in the future!
A few lessons from the game:
1. Following opening principles (develop, attack the center, castle early) usually will give you a good game- even a great game if your opponent doesn't follow those principles!
2. When you have a developmental lead, look to open up the center as tactics will naturally be more favorable to you almost all the time!
3. Always check to see if you can capture a piece or pawn on your move.
4. Any good position can quickly deteriorate into a lost position with one mistake so be alert!
5. Avoid trading pieces when down material.