Forums

Aronian wins Chess 960 title once again

Sort:
Patzer24

Levon Aronian has won the 2007 Chess 960 World Championship after a fierce battle yesterday with Anand which went into tie break games. This is the second time that Aronian has won this title.

Here is the wrap up article for the tournament: http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/007200708171421.htm

The final standings for the 2007 Chess 960 World Championship:

1) Aronian
2) Anand
3) Bacrot
4) Kasimdzhanov

Congratulations to Aronian for another impressive victory in the prestigious Chess 960 event!

SonofPearl

I'm not a fan of Chess960, or any other variants for that matter, although the resulting positions have a quirky quality that appeals to some.  A recall a contributor at another website being a huge fan of chess960 (aka Fischerrandom chess) and insisting on calling chess "Chess1" as if it were just an unimportant sub-set of Chess960! (the 960 refers to the number of different legal starting positions there are in this variant).

I was not amused...Tongue out

SilverThylacine

tuff but idc

SilverThylacine

asdfasdfsdf

idriskeklik
👍🏼 good victory
SilverThylacine
SonofPearl wrote:

I'm not a fan of Chess960, or any other variants for that matter, although the resulting positions have a quirky quality that appeals to some. A recall a contributor at another website being a huge fan of chess960 (aka Fischerrandom chess) and insisting on calling chess "Chess1" as if it were just an unimportant sub-set of Chess960! (the 960 refers to the number of different legal starting positions there are in this variant).

I was not amused...

didnt ask+dont care+L+ratio

glazediane

❤️❤️❤️

SilverThylacine

gfds

SilverThylacine

this is an old forum ngl ngl fr fr

SomethingIdkWhatThough

Wow

Falkentyne

Because some men just want to watch the world burn.

dengeth

Go lev