Forums

A Few Small Updates - July 7th, 2010

Sort:
erik

a few tiny fixes posted today:

- spellcheck is now fixed
- new Manage Members group page (i hope this works for you!)
- new INSERT IMAGE feature (MUCH simpler... but there is a bug we are working on so you can actually use the ADVANCED version)
- youtube videos SHOULD be working on profiles now
- fixed a few minor bugs in theme editor 

we'll fix the INSERT IMAGE issue and the Manage Members page formatting soon. 

thanks for your suggestions and patience!

WolfLeader

i notice all of them... i was wondering who joined the Wolf Pack... But it got confusing

pdela

thanks for your work Erik

WindowsEnthusiast

Hey erik, I dislike the new practice of ordering members on the Manage Members page by recently online as default, because it's hard then to manage new members and tell who joined. I like the old way much better. I also don't want it to change back to default after I delete or ban a member.

oh and BTW join the Diamond Members and Staff group (you and other staff members are key to this group's importance).

WolfLeader
Windows-7_ wrote:

Hey erik, I dislike the new practice of ordering members on the Manage Members page by recently online as default, because it's hard then to manage new members and tell who joined. I like the old way much better. I also don't want it to change back to default after I delete or ban a member.

oh and BTW join the Diamond Members and Staff group (you and other staff members are key to this group's importance).

(members recently joined) option... i like it cuz you can see their rating for those rating 1800 above or below groups

erik

what order do you want by default?

oinquarki

New insert image is great! Thanks!

formerstaff

I reset the default sort to be most recently joined (like it used to be).
You guys should see this update come through soon! 

MikeDoyle

Thank you so much for making the "manage members" list sortable.  One thing though, it still isn't sortable by 'last online" or "most recently online"  is it?  That is what we need to more easily remove members who have stopped logging into chess.com. but thank you so much for your attention to this!

One thing I noticed today is that I suddenly cannot insert diagrams in chessopedia articles. I make them just fine, but when I submit then they disappear.  I can insert diagrams in comments just fine.  This is very recent, because i inserted diagrams in chessopedia articles only yesterday.

MikeDoyle

NOW I see "most recently online" - never mind. lolz.  great job!

artfizz

The group size shown on List Groups doesn't match the number of members listed in Manage Members e.g.

GROUP

size shown by List Groups

Listed by Manage Members

chess-athenians

just-like-that

ghosts

Kikyo_Sushi

The ' Invite to join my Group ' tool on the 'Action Box' on Member's Profile Pages, is not working cuz it keeps saying ..

" Oops?! We noticed the following errors in your form :
Message is required "

.. even after I've entered a message in the Message Box !

( Dunno whether this is related to the recent updates,tho ? )

WindowsEnthusiast
erik wrote:

what order do you want by default?

By recently joined, not recently online.

MikeDoyle

As long as we can sort it, and we can now, I do not care what the default is (just my 2 cents).

erik
BorgQueen wrote:

One improvement is still needed in the image inserter.

If you want to insert an image that you have already used plenty of times (such as smilies, hold vote and vote authorised images, anything you use multiple times) then you MUST use advanced. 

I suggest to have a most recently used drop down of URLs in the simple area, just like it did before these changes.

I use 95% repeat images and 5% new ones, so I have to click Advanced just about every time, whereas before I could click in the URL box and just select the recent URL (or what was even better was that I could type some text to find in the URL) and I could insert images really fast.

It doesn't have to be recently used either, it could list all of the URLs to the images that are there when you go to advanced.  So long as there is a quick method of getting to them from simple, it would be great!

Please enhance the simple area just this one little bit?!

i'm sorry, but that's actually impossible :(

most people use 95% new, and 5% old. very sorry!

burnsielaxplayer

theblindtiger

It works!!!!!!! But the picture of Spanish soccer does not.

MikeDoyle

I don't see a re-size option anywhere. Is that because I am using Chrome, or because I'm a dimwit?  lolz

nwav

Completely different system now I expect...

Nothing wrong with the advanced view, but can we have it so we can move things into folders or categories after we upload them?

I doubt it, but I can dream, right?

shajian

Good Job!!!

Manage Members page used to show the date on which the member joined the Group. Now it shows the date on which he joined the site. It would be better if you can display the Joined Date for the Group.

Also, if you can display the Time Out % in this page (near to Rating), it will be great.