Forums

Free High Quality Analysis

Sort:
Akuni

Hi everybody!

Soon I will begin offering chess lessons, so I've decided to preview my knowledge. Post a game here or send it to me in a message (One per person) and I will analyse it in depth and post it here, or in a return message.

If you like my style of analysis (Which I hope will be reflective of my abilities as both coach and player) hopefully you'll consider taking lessons. But no harm done if you don't, at the very least this could be a learning experience for everyone.

For those whose interests I've piqued here's my Chess/teaching resume:

• Peak ratings: Chess.com 2195. Playchess Server (Slow) 2100.
  • Best Performances (OTB only): 2058 Grade 12 Provincial Championship. 2056 Paul Hake Memorial.
  • Nova Scotia Grade 12 Representative to the National Championship in May.
  • =1 in Grade 11 and 12 Provincial Championship. 1st in Boys U18 Chess Championship (2009).
  • Have coached beginners over the past two years, and have tutored in Math and Physics.
  • Knowledgeable about endgames, dangerous and unorthodox openings, and more orthodox positional openings as well as chess culture and history.
  • I have access to a dozen classic instructive texts and chess puzzle books.
  • After May 20 I will be available at any time.
  • I speak English and can get by in French.
  • Very competitive, negotiable rates.

Anyone who's seriously interested can message me, we can talk a bit about what you want from lessons, where you want to improve, and I can starting putting together some personalized lessons.

EnoneBlue

Hey I have this game I just played in OTB, It would be nice if u can show me alternative moves to the ones I made and why. Thanks :)

I chose a game I lost because I learn more from them

Qwertykeyboard
DaPharaoh wrote:

Hey I have this game I just played in OTB, It would be nice if u can show me alternative moves to the ones I made and why. Thanks :)

You played the accelerated dragon. That's a terrible opening. Try the Najdorf.

RyanMK
Qwertykeyboard wrote:
DaPharaoh wrote:

You played the accelerated dragon. That's a terrible opening. Try the Najdorf.

Uh, it's actually the dragon, not accelerated at all.

ajax023

this is a game of mine agianst a player 700 points higher than me here on chess.com.

I start to lose at move 17

EnoneBlue

it was experimental, I don't usually play the dragon but I'm starting to play it just for the sake of knowing it. I don't think it's "terrible" either..

I messed up on move 18.. I underestimated his bishop move because i'm not used to playing the dragon

Akuni

Here's your game daPharoah

Akuni

And here's your game Ajax023

Kupov

Heres a game I played, I had a draw at the end but I blew it.

How could I have won earlier?

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=19478237

ajax023

thanks a lot for the help.

MathBandit

Here's my game.

AreYouSure

Can i ask you what kind of chess lessons you give?

Philip_Lu

SensFan, I think there are several obvious mistakes in your game and you should try to doublecheck your moves every time.

MathBandit
Philip_Lu wrote:

SensFan, I think there are several obvious mistakes in your game and you should try to doublecheck your moves every time.

First of all, I know.
Secondly, if you mean the endgame mistakes, I was in slight time trouble.
Thirdly, when I blundered the Rook (and later the Knight), I thought I saw a winning line by sacrificing them, and I still think I win after 51...h4.

But that's all besides the point. I submitted the game for analysis, and I am interested in seeing his analysis.  Especially on the other parts of the game.

styxtwo

i'd love an analisis on this game:

http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=14549524

i've analised it myself and would like to know how much it aligns with your analisis.

the game ended in a draw btw, my opponent timed out (online chess). 

porcupinetree

I like your analysises.. they're simple and nice :). I was wondering if you could analyse this game:

Thanks
MathBandit
paul211 wrote:
Akuni wrote:

Hi everybody!

Soon I will begin offering chess lessons, so I've decided to preview my knowledge. Post a game here or send it to me in a message (One per person) and I will analyse it in depth and post it here, or in a return message.

If you like my style of analysis (Which I hope will be reflective of my abilities as both coach and player) hopefully you'll consider taking lessons. But no harm done if you don't, at the very least this could be a learning experience for everyone.

For those whose interests I've piqued here's my Chess/teaching resume:

Peak ratings: Chess.com 2195. Playchess Server (Slow) 2100.
Best Performances (OTB only): 2058 Grade 12 Provincial Championship. 2056 Paul Hake Memorial. Nova Scotia Grade 12 Representative to the National Championship in May. =1 in Grade 11 and 12 Provincial Championship. 1st in Boys U18 Chess Championship (2009). Have coached beginners over the past two years, and have tutored in Math and Physics.
Knowledgeable about endgames, dangerous and unorthodox openings, and more orthodox positional openings as well as chess culture and history. I have access to a dozen classic instructive texts and chess puzzle books.
After May 20 I will be available at any time. I speak English and can get by in French. 

Anyone who's seriously interested can message me, we can talk a bit about what you want from lessons, where you want to improve, and I can starting putting together some personalized lessons.

I am not following you on your offer.

Your post title is : "Free High Quality Analysis", and you follow by saying: "
Very competitive, negotiable rates."

Where is the free analysis? For those that take the paying lessons?

I can submit one game only to you and if you can tell me free what I could have done differently to win or draw, I might consider your offer.

I am a 2200+ player and have played chess for over 45+ years.

Did you even bother to read the post you quoted, or just figured you'd look at the title, then one line of the post, and freak out, critisizing the OP?

As you even QUOTED, he is offering free advice now, as he builds towards being a paid coach.

BenWilliamson
paul211 wrote:

I am not following you on your offer.

Your post title is : "Free High Quality Analysis", and you follow by saying: "
Very competitive, negotiable rates."

Where is the free analysis? For those that take the paying lessons?

I can submit one game only to you and if you can tell me free what I could have done differently to win or draw, I might consider your offer.

I am a 2200+ player and have played chess for over 45+ years.

You're also a pretentious ass. I have never seen a constructive post from you. Every single one has been fault finding, boastful and longwinded.

Akuni is stating exactly what he is offering. You understand this perfectly but somehow take objection? I urge you to try to find out why you feel compelled to do this. Insecure, sense of entitlement, whatever. But much more likely is you'll use your energy now to get angry at me, which is all the maturity you've shown previously.

I would have done this in a private message, but I felt Akuni, who IS helpful, polite and constructive, wouldn't mind being supported publicly.

EnoneBlue

thanks a lot for the analysis Akuni! I was eying Bxh7 but I ignored it.. I played it through and I think I would have had a winning game if I took the bishop then played e5! that was very helpful

Akuni

Thanks for your support Sensfan and Fox, and no harm done Paul. I meant no slight and never thought any controversy might erupt from this.