Forums

Becoming a "National Master"

Sort:
johnmusacha

Yah it's ok.  That was a good equation though.  I hadn't made that much use of a pencil in one sitting for years.

ivandh

I had a friend who said you can be good at math or you can be good at sex. Sadly I solved that in about 15 seconds in my head.

johnmusacha
George1st wrote:

See problems are made to be solved : )))

Yes they are.  The Everglades are good for problem solving.

eddysallin

NM......NO MAS! WHICH IS WHAT U WILL BEING SAYING MANY TIMES OVER.HOW about another field? ACTING,   LEAD ROLE-- "TO CATCH A THIEF"!

George1st
johnmusacha wrote:
George1st wrote:

See problems are made to be solved : )))

Yes they are.  The Everglades are good for problem solving.

Are you being serious? 

I thought you were that guy in the pic with the sunnies on, I was having some fun. It was when I came back that I realised it was your username, so I tried to make a joke of it by posting a "problem" to solve and make it into a harmless joke.

Natalia_Pogonina

Federations can create their own titles. The more influential and respected the federation is in the chess world, the more valuable is the title.

On a separate note: FM can be awarded for 66 2/3% or more scored at a Chess Olympiad (at least 9 games), winning certain continental championships, achievements in junior events, etc. If someone is badly wanting to be called a master, that's one of the ways to go...

johnmusacha

Thank you Ms. Pogonina for your answer.  

AndyClifton

That's Pogonina.