Forums

Can an average person ever break 2000?

Sort:
TheOldReb
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:

lemme tell ye about "ants".

there was an apple on the table, mostly eaten, and next morning there were loads of ants on it. they live under the pavement outside but perfectly located that apple! no arguments, total co-operation for the benefit of the colony.

goes without sayin ..... THEY DON'T PLAY CHESS!!!!

Are you saying humans should be more like ants ? !  

George1st

Oooops, I just noticed my last comment. It was supposed to say 31, not 131.

: )

bigpoison
Reb wrote:
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:

there was an apple on the table, mostly eaten, and next morning there were loads of ants on it. they live under the pavement outside but perfectly located that apple! no arguments, total co-operation for the benefit of the colony.

Better than being a grasshopper.

jbskaggs

Ants play chess, they use aphids as the pieces

ponz111

I am sure an average player can find 2000 of something he can break.

George1st

Definately 31. I asked my mother to check. She is good with numbers, can count anyway.....ahhhhhhhhhh, such luxuries.

I dribble a path of average chess ability and I am proud to be average. Smart people tell me that thinking equals work.

I am so happy I was not born with any gifts. Yeah! 

George1st
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:
Reb wrote:
Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:

was i ?  i wonder.

maybe humans could eat more apples, i dunno

U can only eat until u r full. I have tried : (

Ziryab
ponz111 wrote:

I am sure an average player can find 2000 of something he can break.

Cool

esm1099

If a person reaches 2000, are they still average?  I think not. 

Scottrf
THETUBESTER wrote:

31????  That is barely being able to feed one's self without dribbling all over the floor.  

You act surprised, have you not read his threads?

Doggy_Style
George1st wrote:

I disagree.

Quite often during a big, family meal, I can't manage another slice of roast beef, another spear of asparagus or another roast potato. I am notionally full.

However, when the chocolate cake/sherry trifle/jam roly-poly arrives, I am suddenly half-full again.

I think you can fill up at least twice. Laughing

zborg

If IM Pfren can stop using Greecian Formula Gold, surely the "average" chess player can break USCF 2000.  Laughing

pfren

George1st
Doggy_Style wrote:
George1st wrote:

I disagree.

Quite often during a big, family meal, I can't manage another slice of roast beef, another spear of asparagus or another roast potato. I am notionally full.

However, when the chocolate cake/sherry trifle/jam roly-poly arrives, I am suddenly half-full again.

I think you can fill up at least twice.

Lets not forget about my average thought process in comparison to yours. I agree, i just didn't know till somebody said so.

I will eat twice as much now!

Foot in Mouth

George1st
THETUBESTER wrote:
George1st wrote:

Oooops, I just noticed my last comment. It was supposed to say 31, not 131.

: )

31????  That is barely being able to feed one's self without dribbling all over the floor.  I have no doubt you are 131.

Appreciated, and yes I do dribble........ : )))

ajedresdetorre

Define "average" first!

Seraphimity

Average:  anyone who responds to a thread topic without taking the time to see if his/her question or statement had been stated previously.  Infinitum

johnyoudell

Yes.

Benedictine
Seraphimity wrote:

Average:  anyone who responds to a thread topic without taking the time to see if his/her question or statement had been stated previously.  Infinitum

Yes, yes I saw the post you are referring to, I'm taking deep breathes.  

George1st
Seraphimity wrote:

Maybe I'm not so average after all...yes!!!!

Maybe I'm not so average after all...yes!!!!

alanmajo125

like the picture

This forum topic has been locked