Today I continue to write about my daily experiences in the 21 days to Supercharge your chess course.
You can read about the past days:
Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9
1. I want to study chess in an organized way. I hope 21 days of organized study of the course will build my habit to create and follow my study plans after the course finished.
The structure of the study of Day 10 was the following:
- Theoretical section:
When we want to improve in chess we need to study new ideas and to make them stick in our memory, we need to play training matches.
1. The games should be at least 30 minutes per side long. The more time we have the more studied ideas we can put in practice and test.
2. Give your maximum effort in the practice games, as they would be a tournament game! Stop doing other things before you start the game and close all other windows if you play online. Focus on the game!
3. Analyse and learn from the training games!
4. Try to play always with higher rated players! I suggest to play at least 50 points higher than you, but not higher tham 200 points. If you play with stronger players, then you grow up to their level. When you reach theit level, then play others who are again stronger than you. This is the way how all top players reached their best.
- Practical section:
In today's game we looked a typical sacrifice in the sicilian defense how white prevents black's castling and attacks the king.
I annnotated the full game myself to show you the different attacking and defensing motives:
Today main theme was the removing the defender.
The quick finish of a short game:
Nice pawn endgame for today. Opposition is the key, but white need to prevent black's only trick.
I analysed the endgame and added a few more variations:
Conclusions of the Day 10 of the
1. We learnt the key ideas what we should follow when we play training games.
2. In today's master game we learnt a typical sacrifice and attacking plan in the sicilian defense.
3. I solved puzzles about removing the defenders.
4. The pawn endgame showed the importance of the opposition and choosing the right path.
I decided to follow how much time I use every day for the study and monitor the total time used too.
Today I used 50 minutes. The total time I used until today is 7 hours and 54 minutes. You can follow the daily training times in this --> document