Forums

Harassing Profiles I Have Blocked

Sort:
lindabell4

I've had to block quite a few profiles. Though I really enjoy playing chess here, many very aggressive primates have confused this site for a different type of site. Men, cowardly hiding behind female photos, have asked for specific info about my body parts, my lifestyle,  as well as revealing photos etc, and it's never ending!

Cymbiotika

The same reason why I don’t accept friend requests. They are so many, it is tiring. I came on here to play chess only!!

RideZen2

I understand. Personas on the Internet can be strange sometimes.

lukegk
Cymbiotika wrote:

The same reason why I don’t accept friend requests. They are so many, it is tiring. I came on here to play chess only!!

just going to say that setting a somewhat revealing image of yourself as your avatar seems likely to attract attention

Optimissed
Cymbiotika wrote:

Yes you look just like someone who's here for chess only! happy.png

Optimissed

Well I am a 72 year old pensioner. I have $141 million and nothing to do with it. What should I do?

Optimissed

That is obviously the wise choice.

AMZboiepic3356

Wasn’t this about chess not….. this 😵‍💫

Optimissed

No it wasn't about chess.

David_Mary
Cymbiotika wrote:

I went to the river and dropped a line with bait, and those pesky fish keep trying to eat it, my gosh. I went there to enjoy the breeze only!

Pegusu
Optimissed wrote:

Well I am a 72 year old pensioner. I have $141 million and nothing to do with it. What should I do?

Really! I had NO idea! How are you doing, handsome? I've been thinking about you. You know, it's BETTER to give than to receive! (To everyone else who's reading this, I'm @Optimissed's friend and he knows I'm just playin'!)

Optimissed
Pegusu wrote:
Optimissed wrote:

Really! I had NO idea! How are you doing, handsome? I've been thinking about you. You know, it's BETTER to give than to receive! (To everyone else who's reading this, I'm @Optimissed's friend and he knows I'm just playin'!)

Who are you?
Giving them a story like that and pretending we're playin'. The other 'n's got bells on it!

How're you doing? Well and happy? I'm overworked for a 72 year old multimillionaire. Working on ways to pay this month's bills actually. I do enjoy free enterprise, except it isn't free in more senses than one.

Optimissed
Lexi2xx8 wrote:

#5, she can post any picture of herself that she wants. it is not an invitation to creeps/neckbeards/incels to comment about. I think it is a great photo, fools be damned.

Yes she can and it's a nice photo too but in real life, don't forget that creeps, fools and neckbeards (don't know what they are) probably exist. If you're deliberately attracting attention in a non-chess way and then complaining about it .....

Optimissed

<<"Neckbeard" is a pejorative term and stereotype for an adult man or teenage boy who exhibits characteristics such as social awkwardness, underachievement, or pretentiousness.>>

You learn something new every day. How can you exhibit the characteristic of underachievement, I wonder? How can it be done? Better work on that.

"You don't need to."

Thanks.

LeftSillyRocket
I blocked a sober bully
sawdof
Lexi2xx8 wrote:

... How old are you, boomer? you know her intent? ...

Ageist. Come out swinging on a 10 day old account - nice.

sawdof
Optimissed wrote:

... Shrimpette. ...

Always learning new stuff here, just not chess ...

Optimissed

Insecurity and belonging to a kind of lost generation can't be easy. I have a lot of sympathy for people who these days don't understand how the World really works and that there are a lot of people who deliberately provoke arguments like this as some kind of political gesture.

Optimissed
sawdof wrote:
Optimissed wrote:

... Shrimpette. ...

Made it up on the spur of the moment. It isn't a received insult but I thought that "boomer" deserved a riposte.

sawdof
Optimissed wrote:
sawdof wrote:
Optimissed wrote:

... Shrimpette. ...

Made it up on the spur of the moment. It isn't a received insult but I thought that "boomer" deserved a riposte.

I'd try prawnita next time. Just to be more culturally and bio diverse.