best opening for beginner

robbie_1969

I don't think pedantry is going to help much here Spongebobs happy.png

robbie_1969
kindaspongey wrote:
robbie_1969 wrote:

... Its kind of like polishing the wheels on your car when the engine has a dodgy crankshaft and expecting everything will get better.

Is there a place where Jecnez said something about everything getting better?

 

My analogy was not really about everything getting better but on focusing on what might help and avoiding what is not that important at present? How you could have failed to grasp this I cannot say? Did you look at his games? No? What kind of doctor is it that writes prescriptions in the vain hope that one of them will make his patient better? You would be as well as tying a piece of his cloth to a tree and hope that the wind carries away his ailment.  Hilarious. 

kindaspongey
robbie_1969 wrote:

... What kind of doctor is it that writes prescriptions in the vain hope that one of them will make his patient better? ...

Did someone claim to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

kindaspongey
[COMMENT DELETED]
Jecnez

thank you everyone for your information and advices happy.png

 

i will start with spanish and italian for white

Jecnez

thanks @robbie_1969, I really appreciate your advices. I guess that openings are not so important for begginers like me. especially when i miss mate chances or  i dont identify threats. But a good start give better chances to win.

robbie_1969
kindaspongey wrote:
robbie_1969 wrote:

... What kind of doctor is it that writes prescriptions in the vain hope that one of them will make his patient better? ...

Did someone claim to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

its an analogy spongebob dude

robbie_1969
Jecnez wrote:

thanks @robbie_1969, I really appreciate your advices. I guess that openings are not so important for begginers like me. especially when i miss mate chances or  i dont identify threats. But a good start give better chances to win.

just play to get a playable game, fast development, control of at least one central complex, look out for tricks, you will do awesome.  if you want to choose a particular opening look at all your games and see whether you do better in open, semi open or closed games, it will give you an idea of what to aim for.  wish you luck on the chess mountain

kindaspongey
robbie_1969 wrote:
kindaspongey wrote:
robbie_1969 wrote:

... What kind of doctor is it that writes prescriptions in the vain hope that one of them will make his patient better? ...

Did someone claim to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

its an analogy spongebob dude

Did someone make a claim analogous to claiming to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

Jecnez

 

I'm quite proud of this game. I won because of a good development

kindaspongey

An idea covered on pages 61-62 of Discovering Chess Openings.

robbie_1969
kindaspongey wrote:

Did someone make a claim analogous to claiming to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

No one needs to make any claims to employ an analogy and its ludicrous to think that they do.  I employed the illustration to demonstrate that lunacy of simply dumping references and suggestions on players without looking at their games.  Its a fitting exposé of such an intellectually lazy and entirely unhelpful approach!

robbie_1969
Jecnez wrote:

 

I'm quite proud of this game. I won because of a good development

awesome!

Liennor

with whit pieces: Four Knights, Guioco Piano, London, Colle, English

with black pieces: Giuoco Piano, Caro-Kann, Slav defence, Nimzo-Indian

kindaspongey
[COMMENT DELETED]
kindaspongey
kindaspongey wrote (~10 hours ago):
robbie_1969 wrote:

... What kind of doctor is it that writes prescriptions in the vain hope that one of them will make his patient better? ...

... Did someone make a claim analogous to claiming to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better?

Robbie_1969 wrote (~5 hours ago): "No one needs to make any claims to employ an analogy and its ludicrous to think that they do. ..."

Apparenly, Robbie_1969 does not want to claim that anyone made a claim analogous to claiming to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better.

robbie_1969
kindaspongey wrote:

Robbie_1969 wrote (~5 hours ago): "No one needs to make any claims to employ an analogy and its ludicrous to think that they do. ..."

Apparenly, Robbie_1969 does not want to claim that anyone made a claim analogous to claiming to be a doctor with prescriptions to make the patient better.

you are slobbering copious amounts of slobbery drool, please try to conduct yourself in a more rational manner, its embarrassing.