Forums

How did you choose your username?

Sort:
kgwkyle

That's an interesting first name. I chose name because that is the username I have traditionally used for years and I love it

birdmove

I'm a 58 year old granpa now, but when my daughter was a little girl I taught her how to play chess. I was beating her in a game when she made a majorly ilegal move to save a piece. When I asked her what the heck that move was, she replied it was a new type of move called a birdmove. And that piece did kind of fly over everything to get to the squrae she wanted it on. I've been birdmove on any chess website ever since. She's going to be 30 soon.

SPARTANEMESIS

Good one Birdmove.

TheLukiePoo

L.J.S. are my initials and they rhyme with chess so..... why not ljschess. :)

TheGrobe

Oooh, too bad on the missed opportunity to go straight to ljchess.

CHCL

My name is the initials of my chess club.

DalaiLuke
birdmove wrote:

I'm a 58 year old granpa now, but when my daughter was a little girl I taught her how to play chess. I was beating her in a game when she made a majorly ilegal move to save a piece. When I asked her what the heck that move was, she replied it was a new type of move called a birdmove. And that piece did kind of fly over everything to get to the squrae she wanted it on. I've been birdmove on any chess website ever since. She's going to be 30 soon.

Hmmm... maybe I could use a birdmove in one of my games on chess.com!   ... great story; don't forget to call her and share it, again!

1shtar

Im narrowmind, self rightous, judgemental, arrangant, and i think im better than everybody else. so why be just Ishtar.. when i can be a Goddess..

Byakugan_Chess

The Byakugan Chess ("All-Seeing Eye on Chess board") is a eye technique that gives the user a nearly 64 squares field of vision. He can see and focus in on anything within a certain distance from himself, the range of which can be extended through training. In chess games, users of the Byakugan can see the flow of chess chakra within an opponent's chess structure. This enables the user to forcibly release their own chess chakra through one of the opponent's 16 chess chakra release points, cutting off the flow of chess chakra. Because this is accomplished through only the required amount of exchanges, this style of fighting is named "Gentle Chess". Cool

Blamof

My streetaddress is: Bladmoshof, so it's an anagram. Only now everyone thinks I'm a Russian and I'm therefore a very good player. But I'm not...Embarassed

StrategicPlay

I couldn't find a more 'strategic' name. :D

Richard

I thought of something that resembled my cyber personality :)

bigpoison

You all got to choose your own usernames?!

Figures.  I get screwed again.

TheGrobe
Blamof wrote:

My streetaddress is: Bladmoshof, so it's an anagram. Only now everyone thinks I'm a Russian and I'm therefore a very good player. But I'm not...

I think you have to use all of the letters for it to be an anagram.  Like "Do Flash Mob".

Creatrix
[COMMENT DELETED]
AlCzervik

I must admit you are an interesting Grobeelectricborgkleiner.

DalaiLuke
Goddess-Ishtar wrote:

Im narrowmind, self rightous, judgemental, arrangant, and i think im better than everybody else. so why be just Ishtar.. when i can be a Goddess..

Guys just can't resist such charm :)

mythas

Back when I was younger and playing world of warcraft, I couldnt think of a name for my character so i used the random name generator and it came up with mythas. I thought was cool, and since then I use it for most online games.

1pawndown

I looked at the board and saw that I was .... 1 pawndown.

atarw

Well, I'm one person, and I'm not big, so I chose DaBigOne