Forums

People who DO NOT RESIGN in a lost position.

Sort:
LadyMisil

Trouble is that too many miscreants will start naming and shaming the innocent. And besides, someone would need to document it all otherwise no one can look it up to find out about people. Criminal records do not help the public if the information cannot be obtained.

Richard_Hunter

I don't care if a few innocents suffer in order to get the guilty.

grobiceps

Blitz, never give up in a lost position , that's my motto and should be for anyone. 

Richard_Hunter
grobiceps wrote:

Blitz, never give up in a lost position , that's my motto and should be for anyone. 

For idiots.

LadyMisil

Richard_Hunter wrote:”I don't care if a few innocents suffer in order to get the guilty.”

Wow, are you an incredibly bloodthirsty right winger! Yes, let’s nuke a city so that we can get to the suspected criminals there.

By the way, Richard, what’s your hometown?

grobiceps
Richard_Hunter a écrit :
grobiceps wrote:

For idiots.

So you should take this for yourself. kiss

glamdring27

People who don't resign in a winning position are a lot more annoying though,

loubalch

I presently have 3 queens and a pawn against my opponent's king and single pawn that I'll be capturing on my next move. In four moves I'll have 4 queens against a lone king. I used to get upset when opponents would drag out hopelessly lost positions, especially when I was only playing 2 or 3 games, but now that I'm involved in 8-10 games on average, I figure they have a right to play on as long as they want. When they do, my new strategy is to see how many queens I can make before putting them out of their misery. However, if they're a masochist, they may be enjoying the mauling.

silledad

@laubalch lol.  Looks like you found a way for you to turn the frown upside down in these scenarios happy.png .  The Chess equivalent of running up the score so to speak ( and if your opponent wants to exercise their right to play a game to it's conclusion, they you by all means have the right to run up the score if you so choose.  I personally like to try to figure our the most effective way to checkmate ( like a tactics exercise ) wink.png but I love the fact that you recognize that this is part of the game and came up with a way to deal with it that is good/fun for you happy.png.

glamdring27

Your chances of a stalemate that vindicates their decision to play on increase massively with all those Queens, but I guess since you presumably refer to Daily chess you'd have to be really dumb to stalemate someone with so much time to make a move!  I wouldn't recommend it in Bullet or Blitz in time trouble though!

LeopoldLodur

when i am playing usualley drag it out until i am sure they cannot make any mistakes

i dont see the wrong in that?

1000000VOLTS

Always,go,for,a,stale,mate,when,in,that,position,i,never,resign,worked,for,me,many,times,.P.S,,,,,,,my,spacebar,dont,work...i,hate,it,when,people,have,lost,in,one,more,move,but,they,wait,until,the,time,runs,out...

52yrral

I once got a stalemate against 3 queens!

ZappiestTom

I'm one of those people. I've being down a queen and in bad shape before and still got the win

52yrral

There is no hope after resigning!

LadyMisil

My highest rated win was from not resigning in a lost position. My opponent got banned from the site for cheating and timed out.

52yrral

ha,ha how fitting!

jdunn12345
glamdring27 wrote:

People who don't resign in a winning position are a lot more annoying though,

Thats right

FuzzleOIL
glamdring27 hat geschrieben:

Someone rated 1000 is not guaranteed to know how to mate even with a rook and a queen against a knight so he might as well play it out.  There are plenty of reasons for not resigning in daily games, potentially.

As for vacation, well yes obviously it is unacceptable that some people have lives and aren't glued to their chess games 24/7.

From tournaments I even now that a 1800 might think that a 2000 won't win a king and queen vs king.

Or some 1700s where it was king and three pawns against a king.

And if you can play blitz you also might be able to move your king if you're in check and you have one legal move only. you don't need to stick 24/7 on chess.com to do so.

Optimissed
LadyMisil wrote:

Optimissed wrote:

Good Heavens, I run a philosophy group on Facebook and it's a bit quiet and boring at the moment ...... would either of you two like to come and entertain the natives with endless discourses on fallacies? I don't have the time and in any case, getting involved in arguments about fallacies rarely clarifies anything and if the word "fallacy" was ever uttered during my three-year philosophy degree then maybe I wasn't there on that day, but you would be most welcome to educate us ...

My reply: No thank you, Opti, but you’re welcome to copy and paste our entire conversation and discuss it in your philosophy group to all of your hearts’ content. You have my blessing.>>>>

Thanks, I appreciate the offer but it would be more like sociology .... exploring how some people react aggressively in situations they don't understand by attacking those who seem to threaten them. They could never get away with it in the real world, where they have learned to be meek and submissive unless they're drunk.

I sympathise with those who complain that the standard in these forums is nose-diving thanks to loud-mouthed morons who infest them. There have been a lot of such complaints lately, so I'm hardly the only one and it's virtually impossible to find interesting conversations any more, even on purely chess related topics. Too many people quoting book lines, which we can get anywhere. More insecurity.

This type of thing seems to happen whenever there's a feeling of general angst and panic regarding world affairs. A greater proportion of people act irrationally and aggressively to relieve the stress, so I'll leave them to their enjoyable activities and will trouble them no more. This will be my last post here for the foreseeable future and you may publish it if it affords you entertainment to do so.