People who DO NOT RESIGN in a lost position.

DetectiveRams
tymatthews wrote:

Dear Mr. or Ms, OPTIMISSED you can run a group all you want I am so impressed by the bullshit degree you hold. you are only bragging. who gives a rats ass about your 3yr degree. Go educate the week minded who are lost in the REAL world, I am sure they hang on your every word, your so darn smart

DetectiveRams

Huh i'm 2001

iihsi

I do not resign. What ensues is survival mode. I've won on time more than once with this strategy. It might be one of the most satisfying endgames. 

LadyMisil

iihsi, I agree. I will only resign if I feel like it, for example, for some reason I want to cut down on my number of games. I will never resign on Chess.com because my opponent wants me to. In real life, that is different. My opponents there deserve my respect. On Chess.com, it is only whiners and cry babies that demand you resign for to please them.

iihsi
LadyMisil wrote:

iihsi, I agree. I will only resign if I feel like it, for example, for some reason I want to cut down on my number of games. I will never resign on Chess.com because my opponent wants me to. In real life, that is different. My opponents there deserve my respect. On Chess.com, it is only whiners and cry babies that demand you resign for to please them.

Winning on time is legitimate winning. I would do it in a real life tournament as well. 

LadyMisil

Yes, it is legitimate. Does anyone ever resign in tournament chess when their opponents are in time trouble? I read games of grandmasters where they will practically play blitz until the 40 or 45 move time control and then look at the position one last time and decide if they have a chance or to resign. It seems common sense to do that, especially in actual blitz games.

amiakr8

In a daily match game, one player allowed a draw by stalemate with a Queen vs nothing except two locked up pawns.  Don't resign, even if your opponent is totally winning and has all the time in the world.