Forums

Event Chess Game (Martin0 - Junebug444)

Sort:
Martin0

This is an event chess game between @Martin0 and @Junebug444.

Game rules:

Game starts like a normal chess game with 2 additional rules:

1. Each player may once/game start an event during his turn before making a move (Just say "start event").
  2. A player may not capture more than 2 pieces that are not pawns before starting an event (This is to make sure both players need to start an event).

Note that each player starting one event means a game will become a combination of 2 events.

Other rules of this game are identical with rules of classical chess.

When an event starts it will be chosen randomly from over 100 events and consists of some sort of rule changes to the game. More about event chess can be read here.

@Martin0 will play white. Good luck!

Martin0

1.Nf3

Junebug444

GL HF happy.png

Martin0

2.d4

Martin0

If I'm going to start an event chess tournament, then I would focus on that rather than starting other new games.

Martin0
Martin0 wrote:
rychessmaster1 wrote:
I asked about an event chess championship awhile back, but Martin0s response was “I like your enthusiasm, but I do not have the time to mod all those games”

If there is interest I might be able to start an event chess tournament in about a month.

I posted this 3 days ago. Either a month is 3 days or I'm not ready to start a tournament yet.

Junebug444

Martin0

ok

Junebug444

Martin0

Junebug444

Martin0

start event

Martin0

Event #3 Save the king!

Switch places with the kings. A king is allowed to be left in check and cannot be checked/checkmated. A king can no longer capture pieces. If a player captures the enemy king, then instead of removing the king from the board the player that captured the king must place it on any empty square on the board. Whenever a king gets to that players first rank (1st rank for white, 8th rank for black), that players wins the game.

Example 1:

If this event gets started on move 1, this will be the position after the kings switch places. Note that both kings are allowed to be left in check and neither king is allowed to capture any pieces.

Example 2:

In this position white plays Rxe1 and chooses to put the black king on h1. Rxe1@h1

Black plays Qxe8 and chooses to put the white king on b8. Qxe8@b8

Example 3:

Black plays Kf8# since blacks king got back to the 8th rank, black wins.

Martin0

This is the current position:

Are the rules clear?

Junebug444

Yes, they are. Sounds exciting grin.png

Martin0

Thanks, this is an event I have looked forward to try some day happy.png

5.e3

Junebug444

Sorry, I can’t post the board right now, but Nd7

Martin0

The chess diagram isn't really made to support illegal positions. It was better in an earlier version in v2 when you could enter some illegal moves in the PGN and the board would work. You could make some impossible puzzles that way. tongue.png

Anyway, which knight did you move?

Junebug444

Oh, yeah, right. I love to abuse that feature in v2 happy.png

And sorry again, I move the B-Knight.

Martin0

6.Qc2