New Site Design Feedback

  • #221

    it makes me sad to see you.

  • #222
    erik wrote:

    we are going to add the option to hide friends lists. 

    @erik(staff) - How to delete or hide "My Tracked Activity"? Not an option so far and it seems to be public. Could you pls fix this?

  • #223

    Tried to play chess against the computer & my computer froze up. Had to re-boot to get out of it. I always like it when that happens!!

  • #224

    I notice that you have added the admins / super admins back to groups home pages but it would be really helpful if you could please include the admins names under their pictures or its going to cause problems if we need to contact any of them (instead of clicking on the pic to see who it is)

  • #225

    I really don't like "My Online Chess" page. As soon as I open it there's all of my games. Chess boards all over the page. Different positions. Which one to click. Who's who? I don't want to make it seem like it's confusing but it doesn't seem very organized. I like going to my online chess and have everything in it's place and when I'm good and ready I will view my positions GAME by GAME. It's like you're pushing me to make a move already throwing my games in my face like that. Please make an option to make a LIST of my games.

  • #226
    One_of_my_Turns wrote:

    I really don't like "My Online Chess" page. As soon as I open it there's all of my games. Chess boards all over the page. Different positions. Which one to click. Who's who? I don't want to make it seem like it's confusing but it doesn't seem very organized. I like going to my online chess and have everything in it's place and when I'm good and ready I will view my positions GAME by GAME. It's like you're pushing me to make a move already throwing my games in my face like that. Please make an option to make a LIST of my games.

    In the top right hand corner there is an option to change it back to the old "list style"

  • #227

    wow. i just got through reading every single one of the comments in this thread. thank you everyone for sharing!

    we've adding dozens of tickets for things that need to be tweaked and improved - some really awesome feedback in there. 

    onward and upward!

  • #228
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:

    In the top right hand corner there is an option to change it back to the old "list style"

    Thank you but It doesn't beat the old format (list) style. It's just seems like a cheaper version of it. Like I'm playing on some game site where chess just happens to be a game available. Not an actual site dedicated to chess the game itself.Frown

  • #229
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:

    I notice that you have added the admins / super admins back to groups home pages but it would be really helpful if you could please include the admins names under their pictures or its going to cause problems if we need to contact any of them (instead of clicking on the pic to see who it is)

    Placing cursor over the pictures generates the names.

  • #230
    One_of_my_Turns wrote:
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:

    In the top right hand corner there is an option to change it back to the old "list style"

    Thank you but It doesn't beat the old format (list) style. It's just seems like a cheaper version of it. Like I'm playing on some game site where chess just happens to be a game available. Not an actual site dedicated to chess the game itself.

    But the new "list" is identical to the old site design once you click it

  • #231
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:
    One_of_my_Turns wrote:
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:

    In the top right hand corner there is an option to change it back to the old "list style"

    Thank you but It doesn't beat the old format (list) style. It's just seems like a cheaper version of it. Like I'm playing on some game site where chess just happens to be a game available. Not an actual site dedicated to chess the game itself.

    But the new "list" is identical to the old site design once you click it

    But, it doesn't stay on the 'list' style. When I return to the page, it reverts back to the 'board' style Frown

  • #232
    Skipp wrote:
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:
    One_of_my_Turns wrote:
    blackfirestorm666 wrote:

    In the top right hand corner there is an option to change it back to the old "list style"

    Thank you but It doesn't beat the old format (list) style. It's just seems like a cheaper version of it. Like I'm playing on some game site where chess just happens to be a game available. Not an actual site dedicated to chess the game itself.

    But the new "list" is identical to the old site design once you click it

    But, it doesn't stay on the 'list' style. When I return to the page, it reverts back to the 'board' style

    That must be a bug then cuz it has done with me

  • #233

    I meant to say that once I leave the site, then return, it reverts back to the 'board' style. As long as I merely go to another page on the site, it's OK. When I leave the site and return like I just did this evening, it had reverted back to the 'board' view.

  • #234

    At first I did not like this change but I need more time to decide. Change is good. ( hopefully )

  • #235

    The change has complete killed my ability to play on my phone.  Thats a problem. 

    Also, I liked being able to see more articles, blog updates, forum posts, etc. on the first page.  The whole point of tabbed browsing is to be able to open multiple articles in other tabs and read them at leisure rather than having to keep returning to the home page and search for another.

    I get enough Facebook on Facebook, I don't need to see a social 'feed' on my home page, I'd rather see my recently played games.  If I 'unfriend' all of my friends, will all of the clutter go away or will the space just be filled with more 'news feed' stuff?

    I hope there is a point to this - right now it just seems to make the chess an accessory of a Site that wants to be something else.

  • #236

    It would appear that Erik wants this to be a FB clone site.

  • #237

    This discussion is really taking us nowhere. I'm untracking now as I don't want to waste anymore of my time reading and replying to comments. Erik has already told that he isn't going back or even giving a choice to opt for the old design, which wouldn't even cost anything more to them IMO.

     

    I won't leave the site, I'm very much attached to my friends and groups here. But I will never renew my account again here. Its been just around 2 months since I first bought the membership and I already feel cheated. Even if all the bugs are sorted out, I do not like the site's attitude of forcing things down their paying customers if they do not like. I may get used to this new interface, but never will like it. Farewell buddies.

  • #238
    Balachandar wrote:

    This discussion is really taking us nowhere. I'm untracking now as I don't want to waste anymore of my time reading and replying to comments. Erik has already told that he isn't going back or even giving a choice to opt for the old design, which wouldn't even cost anything more to them IMO.

     

    I won't leave the site, I'm very much attached to my friends and groups here. But I will never renew my account again here. Its been just around 2 months since I first bought the membership and I already feel cheated. Even if all the bugs are sorted out, I do not like the site's attitude of forcing things down their paying customers if they do not like. I may get used to this new interface, but never will like it. Farewell buddies.

    Good point. Paying members got something else delivered but not the old chess.com site they agreed to invest in. Will you offer refund for remaining membership period??

  • #239
    ShanghaiOlive wrote:
    Balachandar wrote:

    This discussion is really taking us nowhere. I'm untracking now as I don't want to waste anymore of my time reading and replying to comments. Erik has already told that he isn't going back or even giving a choice to opt for the old design, which wouldn't even cost anything more to them IMO.

     

    I won't leave the site, I'm very much attached to my friends and groups here. But I will never renew my account again here. Its been just around 2 months since I first bought the membership and I already feel cheated. Even if all the bugs are sorted out, I do not like the site's attitude of forcing things down their paying customers if they do not like. I may get used to this new interface, but never will like it. Farewell buddies.

    Good point. Paying members got something else delivered but not the old chess.com site they agreed to invest in. Will you offer refund for remaining membership period??

    please. that is ridiculous. especially if your monthly subscriber. ooooo, a couple bucks. wow. that's significant. as if subscriptions here are so exorbitantly expensive. this is one of the main selling points of this site, that it is economical, affordable for the majority of people. maybe if you just joined, got a yearly subscription and the new design gives you seizures or something (which is how some people are acting) then I can see a refund.

  • #240

    Agreed.  The features and functionality of the site is actually better, especially once the fixes are all done, and some of you are acting as if you have lost the ability to use features that you paid for.  Absurd.  The only thing that has really changed is the look of the site.  Geez. 

or Join

Online Now