Forums

The 2012 World Championship of Chess!

Sort:
gabrielconroy

Also, Aronian apparently had the 'flu during the Candidates matches, which would have affected his performance.

thezenofchess

Game 12 in a few hours . . .

If it goes to rapid games are all 4 played the same day?

And then the blitz games the same day too, if necessary?

jesterville

I think if it draws tomorrow, there will be a rest day, and then on 30th May is when it will be decided with Rapids/Bliz.

Charlotte

website says match 12 starts at the same time as all the other ones? it's the tiebreaks that start earlier than normal.

netzach
Charlotte_212 wrote:

website says match 12 starts at the same time as all the other ones? it's the tiebreaks that start earlier than normal.

That's right Charlotte...

Commentators: Vladimir Kramnik, Dirk Jan ten Geuzendam
Day 18 27 May Rest day  
Day 19 28 May Game  12 15.00
Commentators: Peter Svidler, Dirk Jan ten Geuzendam
Day 20 29 May Rest day  
Day 21 30 May Tie break 12.00

trysts

Interesting videos, AnthonyCG. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to read an 800 page book on the 1985 WCCLaughing

preachingforjesus

game 1

mayankdave1

so what will be first move

d4 or e4

azziralc

e4 is so aggresive, and can go in many opening lines especially the Sicilian ...c5

d4 is so solid and not easy to win or lose for White.

mayankdave1

anand will go aggressive as its last game and had white so initially he will go aggresive. if did not found any way to break defense then only will play for draw. 

hankas

I certainly hope that Anand will play for a win this time.

trysts

GAME TWELVE

Good morning! We are minutes away from the final classical game of the world chess championship! I have hazelnut coffee, an english muffin, and a chessboard set up and prepared to watch Anand win this match! That is my prediction today. Anand will end the match today with a win on the white pieces going beyond time-control. Though I must say, I wouldn't mind seeing some rapid games!

Thank you for all the lively, interesting comments everyone! I've really enjoyed reading everything ya'll think in this threadSmile

Michael-G

Anand didn't show the will or the determination or the confidence to win this match.Till now his only victory was because of a blunder of his opponent.If Gelfand blunders again Anand will of course win but he will play safe I think and go for the rapid where anything can happen.

mayankdave1

yes i am right he played e4

trysts

We have the Sicilian defence. Kramnik is commentating, and he feels that it will be a good complex game. There are a lot more press people for this game than any other I've seen. This is fun!Laughing

Aditya_Deshpande8

and its the sicilian Nimzowitch-Rossolimo attack again(as in game 8)

Scottrf

They aren't the most exciting players in the world. Anand trades bishop for knight in every game, the pieces come off and they agree a draw.

jesterville

The opening Anand has chosen is not one would select if going for a draw.

Scottrf
jesterville wrote:

The opening Anand has chosen is not one would select if going for a draw.

Pretty sure he played the same in one of the earlier draws though.

jesterville

Game 10 Scottrf...but already Anand has varied on move 5...and 6.b3 has Gelfand out of prep already...they are saying on Spassky in 1990.