Forums

Thoughts on this game

Sort:
brisket

brisket

I am just questioning what peoples thoughts are because this game went differently than other many others I have played.

Scottrf

10. Move your knight or capture his!

11. b5 wins a piece (back).

12. Same double attack idea as your one at 14, attacking knight and mate. Attacks the rook if the knight moves back to block mate.

14. Is a good double attack but your opponent was more concerned for his rook than his king...

blueemu

3. ... Bd6 is only playable if you have a way of following through with 4. ... c6 and 5. ... Bc7 (intending ... d5). In this position, 4. ... c6 would be met by 5. d4 cxd4 6. Qxd4, so the Bishop move to d6 is probably bad.

Timmy62

Blueemu is right I think about Bd6, its interesting though with the long term plan of playing d5 yourself and retreating the bishop to c7. I like the way you played, except for dropping a piece unecceary, the two bishops aiming towards the king give you alot of attacking potential.

blueemu

An example of moving the Bishop to block the d-file, then retreating it to clear the way for the d-Pawn might be:

1. c4 Nf6 2. Nc3 b6 3. e4 Bb7 4. Bd3 intending Bc2 and d4.

x-5058622868

Nice game for your level. I agree with the others though, that Bd6 wasn't good since it blocked the d-pawn even though you seemed to plan to fianchetto your bishop.

Did you plan to sacrifice your knight? It seemed to play perfectly into your win. (Not that it was a good move though.) 

brisket
Sunshiny wrote:

Nice game for your level. I agree with the others though, that Bd6 wasn't good since it blocked the d-pawn even though you seemed to plan to fianchetto your bishop.

Did you plan to sacrifice your knight? It seemed to play perfectly into your win. (Not that it was a good move though.) 

I actually did not mean to sac the knight that was an error on my part.